Tips.

There are some people that don't believe in tipping. Some people rely upon o those tips for everything in life. Have you seen on social sites the awful stuff written on receipts? Things are not that bad where a person can't pull out a few coins for a tip. Could you imagine the pain in that person's heart? How do you feel about tips?
I have seen some receipts posted on social media and I feel sorry for the waitstaff. I know it goes both ways and sometimes the waitstaff just aren't very nice but no one deserves to be called names or made assumptions about them... Though, have you heard of the "only leave a penny." method? It's where, if a person has gotten bad service, they leve one penny, a way of saying "hey your service was lacking."
oh I never heard that. I know people that won't leave a dime. If service was good or bad I am leaving $5 I will just speak to a manager.
@sharon6345 I leave less, but never less than $1.00. Otherwise, I leave $5.00, my regular tip price.
@ScribbledAdNauseum wow a buck. ooh
I always tip 10% in restaurants. Except, of course, if the waiter has been obnoxious.
That is good they really could enjoy that.
@sharon6345 It is fair. I know they earn very little and that their salary is mostly based on tips. If we have money to dine out, surely we have money to give something to the person that waits on us.
@marguicha That is what I always feel too.
• Nanjing, China
I feel that when a waiter or someone gives excellent service to me, they deserve to be given a tip. Just a little thing to brighten their day up knowing that I enjoyed and was delighted by the service given to me.
A normal service is like a normal work. Would you like to be paid less at your job if you were not doing it with excellency every day?
@Jackalyn (6677)
• Oxford, England
In the UK you do not tip as you do in the US. I got very confused there. One wonan doing my nails actually stopped and asked for her tip before she painted them. Here that would not be acceptable. Not do we tip the bartender.
That is something I never knew.
We save when we want to go out to eat and the tip is part of what we save. I always leave a tip because a waitress salary is real low.
Yes,I was one and so was my daughter.
I tip, but not always as some waiters/waitresses are jerks, doesn't happen alot when i dont though. Especially since i dont go out to eat alot either. But sometimes tips has to be less than it "should" be as miscalculate.