Are you afraid of needles?

Needles are such small objects but can cause true phobias in children, adolescents, adults or in the elderly. Are you part of the group of people who are afraid of them? I was only afraid of a needle when I was a child. Not anymore.
@manasamanu (3753)
• Bangalore, India
Me too. I was afraid of it when I was a kid but not anymore.
@manasamanu Now, we are brave.
• Bangalore, India
Im deathly afraid i hate blood and pain
@1hopefulman (28435)
I'm not afraid of them, unless they get too close! When they do, I usually look in a the opposite direction.
• Nanjing, China
I was never really afraid of needles, but I don't like them either since logically normal people wouldn't like something that causes them pain. But needles are really somewhat essential, you have to take some pain first in order to not get pain (sickness). Food for thought.
@pigeboy (177)
My dad doesn't like needles but he still donates blood. I don't have any problems with them.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
im not.
No, I am not afraid of needles, but my sister is. She faints. Someone always has to be ready to catch her if needles are used.
@Basilo (608)
Nit really needle phobic, but the experience I had with them in the past was enough to erase all such queer memories I could have...
Nope needles don't bother me which is good since I have to get blood work done every three months for my thyroid.
@franxav (5064)
No phobia but it surely gives pain.
@kavinitu (4855)
I am very much afraid of needle, specially at Dentist clinic.
@kavinitu It's kinda scary, ins't it?
If I were afraid of needles I would be in big trouble as I constantly need blood tests.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Am am afraid of needles if they are there to draw blood. A little shot does not bother me.
@diosabella (4812)
I'm afraid of needles. But when its time to face it, I just close my eyes.
No, I cannot say that I am afraid, but I do not like the needles eigher.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I used to hate needles, but a couple years ago I spent two weeks in the hospital with meningitis and was poked and prodded multiple times a day by needles and had to get over it. Plus I have two tattoos so I guess im more or less over the fear, I still don't like blood being drawn but its not a fear, I just don't like the feeling.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm not afraid of them but I do get ticked off if I need to have blood drawn and the phlebotomist can't do it right @TheInvisibleMan . I've had more than one occasion where they put the needle right through the vein. And an ambulance ride one time; the stupid EMT put it in my muscle instead of the vein.
@responsiveme (16220)
no, I just get it over and done with.
No. I've never been afraid of needles. My sister is even though she has no problem with piercings and tattoos. My boyfriend is a little squeamish with his own blood but the needles aren't the problem with him.
When I was young, I always agitated seeing syringe while the doctor holding it.