Here's the Plan

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I got a promotion letter in the mail from Spectrum which used to be Time Warner. They will buy out the contract for up to $500. I got my bill from AT&T and chatted with them to find out when my contract expires. I thought I had a year to go. It expires June 27. That means I can change to Spectrum and get away from AT&T and away from their extremely poor customer service with all their lies. The plan, watch everything I have on the DVR and get it cleared out in the next week. I'm closing in on having that accomplished. Some of you might know I've had the Olympics on there. I'm clearing them out. There isn't much left I'm interested in, but at least one event on each of the eight left to watch besides the closing ceremony. I also have six movies on there to watch and then it will be cleared and I will get rid of AT&T. My other plan involves Freedom's Cry. I am going to leave it completely alone for a week. That will be very hard to do, but I must. I want to have it published this summer in time for Art Street. I also want to get Manifest Destiny and Stowaway also ready for second edition and ready for Art Street in August. I can have all four of my books represented at the huge art fair held yearly just before the start of school. I have a lot to do, but I'm confident I can do it. Those are my plans and goals right now. So in the mean time I need to think about the back cover copy for Freedom's Cry and the cover picture. I have an idea what I want at the moment, achieving that will be interesting. I also need to get the new covers for each of Manifest Destiny and Stowaway. Lot happening in the next four months regarding this series. I'm hoping I can pull it off. If I can, then the goal will be to figure out marketing so I can sell the books. From everything I've heard from those who have already read the books, they are positive about them and two people are looking for book 4. I told my friend it's finished and she is going to tell her friends when to expect to see it available. Expectations, hopes, plans. I hope it all works out. Do you have future plans and goals you are working for this year? Thanks for reading.
I hope all your plans work out for the best for you. You certainly deserve it. I have wedding plans coming up, a new car to buy, and vacation plans to make. My date book is filling so quickly that I'll be back in Florida before I know it!
October here you come. Have you shopped for your dress yet? What color are you going to look for? Where will you go for vacation or haven't decided yet? Another new car? Wow! Missing Orville already, eh?
@just4him So many questions and no answers! Lol!
Just trying to find my place in the world
Sometimes that can be hard to do.
@just4him it is. Dont feel i belong anywhere. But whatever.
@Courtlynn You belong. You just need to find out what your strengths are and go for it.
It is great to hear you have readers enjoying your work . . .
Thanks. It makes it worth while to write.
@just4him currently I am 'stuck' in brain freeze regarding my protagonist so my 'play script' has been put on the back burner for now . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 I hate writer's block. I went through that so much on Freedom's Cry, I didn't think it would ever get finished. I'm so glad it finally is. I hope you can work on it again soon.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
It's great that you have clear cut plans. Sometimes it's good to have a break and go back refreshed. I have a few months left with my service provider and then I'm switching too. Hope you find satisfactory covers.
Thanks. I have one that wasn't accepted for Manifest Destiny. The person who did it for me refused to fix it. With some tweaking, it will be great for that book. I have an idea for the third, but I would need an artist or someone with good photoshop skills to do that one for me. I've been thinking about the cover for this finished book. I haven't got the idea fully developed yet.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@just4him Good luck with them.
@Gillygirl Thanks.
@silvermist (20094)
@just4him So many goals and plans . Hope you will be able to achive them.So your fourth book will be published shortly.
Before the end of summer.
@silvermist (20094)
@just4him Best wishes for you.
@silvermist Thank you.
@Nawsheen (22922)
• Mauritius
You have taken some good resolutions. I hope you get to achieve your goals. As for me my plan is to go on a very nice vacation
Where are you planning to go and when?
@Nawsheen (22922)
• Mauritius
@just4him we were thinking about indonesia,malaysia and thailand. Hope we are able to go
@Nawsheen I hope so too.
I have spectrum and w ant At ]T and T cable internet as ikts much cheaoer
It might be clearer, but their customer service is terrible. All they did was lie to me about the gift cards they were going to send me and never did, when I signed up with them. They gave me such a run around the last time I talked to them about it, that the only thing I want is to be as far away from them as possible. They do not stand behind their promises, and every good respectable company should.
I do have goals, mainly paying off a credit card and obtaining a cheap used car
Those are good goals.
Where can your books be bought ? Are they a series or separate stories ?
It's a series. Amazon. I'll have this last one ready for publishing this summer.
@KrauseHome (35507)
This sounds exciting and glad your books are selling
I've sold a few, not a lot, but there are two people who are waiting for this last one, so that's encouraging.
Dump ATT while you can, anything just has to be better than ATT. You do have a lot going on,but that is a good thing with your books.
Thank you. I will need to pay the bill for this month. I don't want it going bad on my credit for a late payment. I've been watching a lot of the DVR programs and have almost all the Olympic episodes watched now. Just a couple more and four movies, thought there were six, and the latest episode of Once Upon a Time and I can call Spectrum to buy me out of my contract and go back to them.
for me just hanging in there.doing the best I can to stay alive
That's the best thing you can do.
Sounds like a great idea to go with Spectrum and dump AT&T. We had AT&T and what a mess that service happened to be. It will be great if you will have all four books for Art Street too.
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. It will really help get my name out there too. At least Spectrum is no contract. I had heard so much good about AT&T before I went with them, only to find out what a BS company they are.
Sounds like you have set some good goals for yourself
Thanks, I hope so.
Busy and exciting times for you Valerie. I think it's a very good idea to leave your book alone for a week- you can get so close to something and not see the flaws. So going back to it after a week may let you view it with different eyes.
I agree. So that's the plan and I hope it all comes together.
@amnabas (10549)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I hope you achieve your goals early and successfully.
Thank you.
@DWDavis (15841)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
You seem to be well poised to accomplish your goals over the coming weeks and months. My goals are to publish the paperback version of The Boy from Buzby Beach and to publish my new book, both in time for summer reading.
Awesome! I hope it happens.