Thyroid problems, Family Love and Jello

@CRK109 (14353)
Does anyone remember Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show, wearing that huge black and feathered hat as he "became" The Great Kreskin, and he would put some very strange things together and make a great joke? I see some of you nodding your heads. As I put together my subject line, I pictured Johnny holding the envelope up to his forehead and wondered what he would have to say about these! Well, I don't have a joke (so sorry). Thyroid problem is my cat's diagnosis from her vet. So we need medication. Because I cannot give her any type of oral medication (it causes her AND me way too much stress), the vet suggested a cream med that I can rub on the inside of her ears. Ruby LOVES having her ears stroked, so I think I can safely do that. And the vet will give her a shot when we go back there on Wednesday. Only problem is that I also have to stop at this special pharmacy where they make the medications. I think my van ride is going to dump me off there until another ride can pick me back up and that might be a problem. But I can only do what I can do. We'll go to the pharmacy first and then to the vet where they are going to squeeze us in (thank you so much, Ms. Vet). Family Love is my niece. I was so depressed today that I couldn't get out of bed. I did once, began crying and went back to bed. And then my niece began messaging me like crazy. That forced me out of bed, into real clothes and back into the real world. We messaged back and forth for quite some time and after I spoke with the vet, we got on the phone. I still can't believe how far we've come in such a short time. It's as if we'd never been separated at all. Tomorrow, it's her turn to go to her vet with her sick cat. He's been having similar problems to my Ruby, although they've already ruled out the thyroid. So she's been similarly scared and crying. She told me the time of her appointment, so I will message her tomorrow and then see if we can talk a bit when they get back home. As for the Jello...since Ruby has been ailing, I've gotten sicker and sicker myself. It's like in Beauty and the Beast, when Belle didn't come back to the castle at the appointed time and the Beast was dying. Well, Ruby is my Beauty and I'm her Beast! lol When she's sick, I'm sick. I haven't been able to keep much food down in days. And I'd forgotten completely that I made some jello (sugar free, of course) last night. I found it today and it seems to be helping a little bit. I have to go for my mammogram tomorrow. Normally, I'm a nervous wreck about that (I had breast cancer in 2008). This time I have so much else going on that I just want to go, get a clean reading and come back home. I canceled grocery shopping in the morning since I really don't need more food at this point! Fridge is still full from last week! (and I got on the scale today and it shows, although this is not how I want to lose weight, trust me). So there is the good, the really good and the wiggly, jiggly silliness of my today. What's been the best part of your day today? Tell me! Claudia
Im glad you got an answer and hope the cream works. Also hope you eat more soon.
@CRK109 (14353)
I'm working on my eating because I can't afford to get sick. The vet is also going to give Ruby an antibiotic shot on Wednesday, so that should help pretty quickly, I would think.
@CRK109 Would Think so
Hopefully your car will be OK
@CRK109 (14353)
I hope so, too. Thanks, Chris!
@CRK109 your welcome I am sure it is frustrating
Since today is just starting, the best part so far was my alone time with God. I'm sorry your cat has thyroid problems. I hope the cream works fast to heal it so she starts eating again. I was worried about her and glad she will be okay. Jello seems to be good for what ails people. Enjoy the jello and I will keep your niece in prayer for her cat as well.
@CRK109 (14353)
Thank you so much for the prayers. I began my day watching The Mass and praying, not just for my cat and my niece and her cat, but for everyone here at mylot, all of my FB friends and my real life friends and family. I love that part of my day. I feel like I'm putting something very good out into the world.
@CRK109 Prayer is the best thing in the world and so many people don't do it.
Glad to hear that Ruby is going to be okay . I hope your nieces cat will be okay too. It is good that you and your niece have grown real close again and are there for each other.
@CRK109 (14353)
I still have fingers crossed for my cat. She hasn't eaten much of anything in a few days and I still have tomorrow to get through. But once we get to the vet I think I'll feel better. Thanks, Laurel! As for my niece, I worked so hard to get that relationship back on track and I honestly wasn't expecting much. So I'm thankfully surprised at how close we've gotten so fast. I know we both need each other pretty badly right now.
@CRK109 that is wonderful and sometimes ithe is the bad times that bring people closer. Has she found out anything about her cat yet? I am sure your kitty will be just fine once she gets to the vet again.
@Ronrybs (7133)
• London, England
Hoping for the best, for you all. I remember how I felt when my two little moggs were poorly
@CRK109 (14353)
Thanks, Ron. I've stopped talking about the whole ordeal now because I don't want to ruffle any feathers around here.
@PatZAnthony (11805)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Would love to hear more about the medication for you cat! That is interesting, isn't it? Did you know previously that there was a topical option?
@CRK109 (14353)
I'll know more soon. I have to talk to the pharmacy tomorrow. I had no idea. I'd told the vet that I can't give Ruby oral meds because it stresses her out so much and then she mentioned this cream and I was over the moon! I wish they would find more ways like that for us to help our pets. Forcing their mouths open and shoving meds in is not the friendliest way to do things, although my last cat really didn't mind much. I'll post more once I know what it is!
Wow you have a full plate..Hmm well I guess finding out that my payment has indeed been sent..so just waiting for it to show up in the bank..
@CRK109 (14353)
That really is great news! I hope it shows up soon!
@dragon54u (31340)
Here's a good laugh for you--I had to read the part about your niece three times because I could not believe she would massage you like crazy until you got out of bed. Finally I saw it--messaging as in messages!!!!! Lord, my old eyes will drive me crazy! When you are sick you need to eat regular Jello so you at least get some sugar to give you a little energy. Sugarless jello is better than nothing since it hydrates you but regular is better if you're sick and can't eat. So glad Ruby doesn't have anything terminal! Sorry about your niece's cat, I hope it is something very simple that will be fixed quickly. The best part of my day was when I finished the work I was hired to do and could do anything I want for the rest of the day!
@CRK109 (14353)
Thank you, Thank you for that laugh! I really did laugh out loud at that! I misread things so many times, so I really understand! I think the hydration from the jello helped because I was able to eat a little bit of real food tonight. I'm diabetic so I don't have regular jello in the house. But I hear you about being glad to be home! I no longer work but when I did, that was very often my favorite part of the day, too! xoxo
@shivamani10 (10705)
• Hyderabad, India
For Thyroid problem in India, there are good Homeopathic Doctors who can treat this nicely. Don't you have them in U.S?
@CRK109 (14353)
Yes, we do have those doctors. However, it is my cat who has the thyroid problem, so the veterinarian is treating her the best she knows how. Sorry for any confusion.
• Portland, Connecticut
My dog Beau came up the stairs, he is 15 and has trouble with his legs and he rarely does stairs these days and today he went up and down a bunch of times, he must be feeling young!! I am so glad that you now know what the problem is and it can be treated.
@CRK109 (14353)
Good for Beau! It's always wonderful when we see them rally, isn't it? I hope he continues to do well.
You had a lot of stressful events, let's hope that the cream will help Ruby to feel better. Good luck for your mammography.
Oh dear you are having a tough time. I've been sorting out what we need to take to the music festival on Friday. Now that we haven't sold the bus we're going to take that.
I hope that that your mammogram goes well