Ten Favorite High or Low Songs: How High the Moon (#8)

@FourWalls (15880)
I've been searching high and low for you....oh, wait, that's a line out of a Warren Zevon song ("Searching for a Heart," if you're interested). Here's another one of my favorite songs with "high" or "low" in the title....and probably one of the three most obvious songs in the countdown. #8: How High the Moon - Les Paul & Mary Ford By the time the husband and wife team of Les Paul and Mary Ford got around to doing this song it had already been recorded a number of times. The first recording, per Picky Wedia, was Benny Goodman with Helen Forrest on vocals (and it was, according to the record label, a "fox trot"). I'm sure many people associate this song with Les Paul & Mary Ford. I know I sure do. There's a good reason for that: their version was #1 for over two months, and was inducted in the Grammy Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's "Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll" honor roll. Now, for some trivia, which you may or may not know: Les Paul's elbow was severely damaged in an automobile accident in 1948. Told there was no way to repair the shattered elbow, Paul had the doctors set his arm in the position where he could play guitar. And one more piece of trivia: Les Paul taught Steve Miller how to play guitar. What a classic song. How High the Moon Written by Morgan Lewis and Nancy Hamilton Recorded by Les Paul & Mary Ford Released as a single, 1951 Somewhere there's heaven:
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose Sunday Funnies Loading... Unsubscribe fro
• Denver, Colorado
Les Paul is a legend (thank you Captain Obvious!) But seriously, thanks to this, I just put together a "moon" series for future use, so thanks. Great tune.
@FourWalls (15880)
One of the many services I perform here.
Their cover of Vaya Con Dios was an even bigger hit.