Favorite Alabama Songs # 7- Angels among us.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 7 on my favorite Alabama songs series is Angels among Us. Angels among us was a Christmas single for the band in 1993 and, was # 28 on the Billboard country chart, kind of low, but I love the song and, listen to it every Christmas season. Randy Owen lead singer of Alabama also performed it at Dale Earhart Sr's funeral, check out a sample of the lyrics below. I think you will like them. I was walkin home from school on a cold winter day. Took a short cut through the woods and, I lost my way. It was getting late and, I was scared and, alone. Then a kind old man took my hand and, lead me home. Mama couldn't see him, but he was standing there. And I knew in my heart he was the answer to my prayer. Oh I believe there are Angels among us. Sent down to us from some where up above. They come to you and me in our darkest hour. To show us how to live, to teach us how to give. To guide us with a light of love. Some information verified at Wikipedia. if you haven't heard this song. I definitely recommend it.
@epiffanie (9779)
Yes it's a lovely song .. love the melody ..
Glad to hear you like it too.
Very beautiful. I know the group, but not their songs.
Yea, it's a beautiful song, one of my favorites and, they are my favorite country band.
I'm pretty sure I've heard this on the radio at Christmas time. Sounds familiar.