The Story Of Little Miss Daisy...

@bluesa (13421)
Johannesburg, South Africa
My Little Miss Daisy became a part of our lives when a friend asked me and my family if we would take her in. My friend and her daughter lived in a house, so they needed dogs to help guard them. A Boerboel is a quite big dog and they had two of those. Then her daughter wanted a smaller dog for companionship inside the home. And so they got Daisy. Never thinking that there would be a two truly horrible happenings. Unfortunately, the two big dogs would not accept Daisy, and they attacked her, going for her throat and back legs. She fought back but went for stitches and they tried to keep the dogs in separate gardens, but the big dogs got out and they attacked Daisy a second time. My friend knew that Daisy would not survive another attack, and she was heart broken, but she could not give up her big dogs for security reasons. Two women alone in a house these days, need some serious protection, I might not like it, but, I agree, right? So she asked us if we would give Daisy a safe home and when she explained what had happened, we said yes. When Daisy was given to us she was eight months old, had stitches on the top of her head, under her throat and her left eye was healing from a bad scratch. So, not only is she my pretty princess, she is also a survivor, a brave little fighter. Today she is the boss of the home, she has her own garden, my Dad feeds her her dog biscuits by hand, (yes, one by one) and she is adored. And that is a bit of the story of Little Miss Daisy. Photo is of Miss Daisy smiling up at me
I am so happy that Miss Daisy found her forever home with you. Poor little thing. She is lucky to have survived such a terrible attack. She deserves to be spoiled and loved and she has found that with you!! She is a cutie!!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Happy2BeMe , yes, she was determined to survive and now we have her precious little self in our lives. Thank you.
She is lovely, poor little thing, I can imagine how scared she must have been when the big dogs attacked her.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, Anna, but she was very scrappy too and wouldn't back down from them and is a real little survivor, now she only knows that she is the boss of the garden and home @LadyDuck .
@bluesa Now she wants to show who is the leader.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck absolutely! We are there to serve her
What a lovely story Catherine. Poor little Daisy had gone through so much. Has it affected her attitude to other dogs?
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Janet, she was such a sight when she arrived by us, the little sweet thing. Yes @jaboUK she thinks she is a big guard now and tells all other dogs off!
Poor Daisy. She really had a lot to deal with those two big dogs. The dogs should not be going after Daisy but after the bad guys. I have glad that Daisy has a good home where she does not have to defend herself now.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, she had to be a strong girl. I am happy we were able to give her a home where she is now the boss :)
@bluesa Aren't all the animals in our lives bosses of our homes Catherine?
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Hannihar , they definitely are, Hanni
Poor baby Miss Daisy!!!! How traumatic that must have been for her. I'm so glad you agreed to give her a loving, safe home. She is such a tiny princess and deserves to be spoiled rotten forever! Btw, Doodles the cat gets his goodnight treats hand fed by his grammy, me! Lol!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Agreed, Dianne . Doodles is a lucky baby!
@bluesa I love him as much as you love your precious Miss Daisy! We are lucky to have such unconditional love!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN I know you do . And yes we are indeed lucky!
You've done a good deed!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@MALUSE , and she is a constant joy
@bluesa Miss Daisy is a nice name.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@MALUSE thank you
• Pamplona, Spain
Very glad that she survived and found so much love from all of you.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@lovinangelsinstead21 , thank you, I am glad that she was a tough determined little soul
• Pamplona, Spain
@bluesa Its great when a little Dog finds a home like yours. She looks determined for sure.
She is so photogenic.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Shavkat , thank you for thinking so
@bluesa No at all, my dear.
@FayeHazel (17912)
I'm happy you gave her a nice home. Is she an eskimo spitz?
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , she has added much joy to our lives, she is a Pomeranian.
Well, it sounds to me like you are all lucky, Daisy found a safe home and your family has the love of a beautiful little dog.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I totally agree @BelleStarr
Miss Daisy must be ever grateful to you. She looks pretty happy in that photo
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@allknowing , all she knows now is that she is a Princess and we must not forget that or she lets us know. She is a happy little baby now :)
A friend of mine has a dog just like that. He doesn't like people. They got a new little puppy and those two get along great at least. How sad for your poor little dog. Good thing you were able to take her in since their big dogs were so mean to her.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin , she is very lovable, but no longer trusts other dogs, so we won't get another dog. I'm just happy she is with us now :)
@prinzcy (5058)
And look how happy she is now. How couldn't she when she is well love and feed. You have done a great deed saving her.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@prinzcy , thank you, she has brought much joy to our lives. :)
She looks happy and well cared for.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @Kandae11 , after such a tough start to her life, I want only the best for her.
@MandaLee (3726)
She is gorgeous.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@MandaLee , thank you