I Would Like to Brag About...

This is the first “thought starter “ on my new list of FIVE. A “thought starter” is just something that makes you think of an event in your life, about which you might want to post a discussion. I just posted my new list on myLot. You might want to look at them and see if any of them would remind you of something that you would want to write about. Do you have something or someone that you would like to brag about? I think I will brag about my four great grandchildren who are all home-schooled. My granddaughter has three children. Her oldest daughter is fourteen, her son is eleven and her youngest daughter is six. They were just tested by the county for this school year and they all did very well on their tests, so will move on to the next grade level. My great granddaughter wants to graduate early from high school next year, so she has been working extra to get ahead in her studies. My grandson has one son who is thirteen. He is home-schooled by his grandmother, my daughter. He lives with her and her husband. Even though his father lives nearby, he is separated from his wife and has no one to take care of his son while he works. He does spend time with his son on week-ends and some evenings. Home-schooling is getting more and more popular in the USA. There are large groups of home-schooled children here and they often get together for field trips to the zoo, aquarium, museums, and other places around the city. There is also a huge selection of home-school information on the Internet. Do you know anyone who home-schools their children?
@UncleJoe (9965)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I sure wish that had been available when my kids were young.
I home schooled my youngest son. He's 41 now.
There are several on here who home-school but I feel sure you'd know about them. It is quite popular in Australia too.
I have communicated with a few of them. Now that there is so much available on the Internet, home schooling is even more popular than it was when I home-schooled my youngest son. in the 80s.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
What is home schooling ? Kids don t go to school or what?
Yes, that's right. The kids don't go to a public or private school. They are taught at home. It's all legal and getting to be very popular in the USA. With the Internet, it's even easier now that it was when I home-schooled my youngest son 30 some years ago.
Only one here. Dont know anyone in real life who does. My bf was though by his mom for middle and high school