It's RAINING Here Today

We need the rain here in Virginia, the forecasters are saying. Forest fires are all over Florida right now, due to the dry weather, according to what I have heard on the news. Other states are getting too much rain and there is flooding. It would be so nice if the rain could be equally shared by all, wouldn’t it? It reminds me of the account in the Bible of the flood of Noah’s day. You may not be a Bible reader, but you might find this interesting. Did you know that the Bible says that it NEVER rained on the Earth before the flood? The Bible explains that there was a canopy of water around the Earth, above the atmosphere. Genesis 1:6-8 says: “Then God said: ‘Let there be an expanse between the waters, and let there be a division between the waters and the waters. Then God went on to make the expanse and divided the waters beneath the expanse (on the Earth) from the waters above the expanse (above the Earth.) God called the expanse Heaven.” This created a terrarium with the Earth inside of it. And it makes sense if you understand how a terrarium works. The water in a terrarium is used over and over. You don’t have to keep adding water. Genesis 2:5,6 explains how the plants were watered. It says: “No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had begun to sprout: because Jehovah God had not made it rain on the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground. But a mist would go up from the earth and it watered the entire surface of the ground.” And then God created the man. The Earth is an enclosed environment, just like a terrarium. All the water that is on the Earth now has always been on the Earth. It is used over and over again by the recycling system that God put into place in the very beginning of creating the Earth’s environment, which is unlike any other planet in the Universe. Further, verse 9 explains what God did next. “Let the waters under the heavens be collected into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so. God called the dry land Earth, but the collecting of the waters, he called Seas.” When the flood came, the Bible says at Genesis 7:11, 12: “In the 600th year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the 17th day of the month, on that day all the springs of the vast watery deep burst open and the floodgates of the heavens (this was the canopy of water that was above the Earth) were opened. And the rain poured down on the Earth for 40 days and 40 nights…” Verse 18, 19 says: “the waters became overwhelming and kept increasing greatly upon the earth, but the ark floated on the surface of the waters. The waters overwhelmed the earth so greatly that all the tall mountains under the whole heavens were covered. The waters rose up to 15 cubits above the mountains.” That’s why scientists have found sea shells embedded in the rocks on even the tallest mountains in the world. Ecclesiastes 1:4-7 tells us exactly what God put in place for the survival of humans and other life forms on the Earth. It says: “A generation is going, and a generation is coming. But, the Earth remains forever. The sun rises and the sun sets: Then it hurries back to the place where it rises again. The wind goes south and circles around to the north: Round and round it continuously circles: the wind keeps making its rounds. (This is the jet stream, as it was explained in the Bible thousands of years ago.) And then the water cycle is explained: “All the streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is not full. To the place from which the streams flow, there they return so as to flow again.” This is of course, the rain cycle. Scientists still don’t understand all that is involved in the rain cycle, but the Almighty God understands it. He created it. Job 36:27, 28 says: “He draws up the drops of water. They condense into rain from his mist. Then the clouds pour it down. They shower down on mankind.” Job 37:14-16 says: “Stop and consider carefully the wonderful works of God. Do you know how God controls the clouds? And how he causes the lightning to flash from his cloud? Do you know how the clouds float? These are the wonderful works of the ONE perfect in knowledge." Job 38:8 “…who barricaded the sea behind doors…God said: “I established my limit for it. And put its bars and doors in place. And I said: “You may come this far, and no farther. Here is where your proud waves will stop.” If a person would read those chapters in Job (chapters 36 through 42) there is a lot to be learned about how the Earth supports life and these words were written thousands of years ago by Moses, long before modern science even began to try to understand the ecosystems that were already put in place by God. Scientists today STILL don’t understand all the intricacies of life and how it began and how the Earth functions for our benefit. Man is actually RUINING THE EARTH at an astounding rate, but God will soon put an end to that. Revelation 11:18 says that God will “bring to ruin those ruining the Earth.” Psalm 37:9-11 says: “For evil men will be done away with. But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the Earth. Just a little while longer and the wicked will be no more. You will look at where they were and they will not be there. But the meek will possess the Earth and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.’ Jesus also said: “Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the Earth.” It will be a cleansed Earth though, not what we see today. At that time, the rain waters will be equally distributed and there won't be floods and droughts. I look forward to that time and my hope is to be there to enjoy it.
@CRK109 (14212)
I've read that so many times during my life and I don't think I ever grasped the reality of it. I love how you've spelled it out here. So much to think about!
@Anshu246 (1053)
• Patna, India
I also want rain here at my place.. It is hot weather here..
@silvermist (18109)
@IreneVincent .I wish it will rain here,as there is heat wave in my country .It is very very hot.