***The Honeymoon***

As many of my friends know, our younger son will be married this coming October. It boggles the mind just to plan a honeymoon, nevermind the wedding itself. One of the gifts to our son is their honeymoon. He has a travel agent, but has consulted us with every detail. The reservations and deposits are done. Since both have been to Europe multiple times, we suggested they go elsewhere. Europe is magnificent, but close enough to visit anytime. They are going to Hong Kong, Cambodia, Bali, and Wakatobi. Since they are scuba divers, Wakatobi is the second best place in the world to dive. The other place wasn't appropriate for the time of year they are going. The photo above shows Wakatobi, an island in Indonesia. It is eco friendly. They will stay in a private villa on the beach with its own pool, private chef, and maid service. They will have their own boat and captain to take them out to sea to dive daily. No suntan lotions or deodorants are allowed when diving, to protect the reefs and sea life. It's their dream come true. Too bad we can't go with them!
Wow, that sounds superb. Lucky them to have parents like you to provide it all.
He insists on paying for some of it, but we paid for our other son. It's the least we can do fot them. We must be fair as parents. Thank you!
@DianneN Oh yes, I understand about the fairness thing - you must treat them equally.
@jaboUK Definitely!
It looks amazing! I hope they have an amazing time when they go-I am sure they will. One day I hope my husband and I can have a honeymoon, since we never went on one after we got married.
I hope you and your husband get to go on a honeymoon, too.
@DianneN Thanks, maybe one day once our children are grown. =)
@hereandthere (19575)
i love the stairs leading down to the water. i thought wakatobi would be in hawaii. i never thought that suntan lotion and deodorant would affect the reefs and marine life. i learned something.
This is another view of his villa. I think I could live there permanently.
@HAPPSINGH Good evening? I'm planning on a relaxing day. I was so busy yesterday.
It is a lovely dream there.They are so lucky to have this.
Thank you! He's our baby, and we want his honeymoon to be extra special.
@DianneN He is one lucky son there.
@amadeo Thanks. His brother lucked out, too.
It looks fabulous! That will be a great honeymoon for them.
They are very excited about going. Neither have been to Asia. Thanks!
@DianneN That's great!
What a wonderful gift! I'm sure they'll have a marvellous time. It's a pity but they probably don't really want you with them on their honeymoon.
I'm sure they will love every moment, thanks! Someone has to stay home and kittysit the kitties!
@dianneN I am so happy for your son.What is the best place in the world to dive?
You'll have to ask him. He told me, but I forgot. I only body surf close to shore. Lol!
@Gillygirl (14727)
• Sutton, England
It looks an idyllic place to have a honeymoon. the lucky couple.
I'm excited for them. We love them to the moon and back.
Wow - and I mean WOW! That is a super wonderful honeymoon "gift" ! It will be a completely different experience from Europe - I'm sure they will have the most awesome time!!!
Thank you! I'm so excited for them. We've been to Hong Kong and know their hotel and area. I'm sure they will love everything.
Oh wow, that's a very beautiful place to spend for a honeymoon. They will surely enjoy it because they are fond of diving and then after that they can relax at that cottage . That's a paradise.
Isn't it awesome? They will get to relax there after all the busy sightseeing they will do in the other places.
@DianneN Yes!
Sounds perfect. They will have lots of stories to tell whether they get back.
When they get back. I hope they return!
I can i somagine what a grand occasion that wedding will be in October. - and the honeymoon spot looks peaceful and beautiful.
The wedding won't be as grand as our older son's was, but it will be lovely and all their own. That will be the last and their most favorite spot at the end of their stay. Thank you.
@moffittjc (29281)
• Gainesville, Florida
That sounds like a dream come true for your son!
For his fiancée as well. It seems like paradise to me.
@moffittjc (29281)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN You better hope they come back! They may like it so much over there that they may decide to stay permanently!
@moffittjc You laugh! Our older son met a girl from Thailand when he was working in Singapore for 6 weeks. He almost didn't come home!!!!!
That is a dream come true! That's a lovely gift to receive ~ they both will have a relaxing time. They can share back great photos and memories for you though heheheh
Photos is all I'll get. We also do WhatsApp and get to do free phone calls wherever they have wifi. Can you imagine? We discovered it when they went to Mexico and Montreal last summer.
@DianneN I never used WhatsApp before but my relatives in Vietnam are telling my dad to use Viper (free too) I think!?
@infatuatedbby I never heard of Vioer, but why not if it's free and works?
• Algeria
waooooo wish them the best honeymoon over whereever they go. i think the best for them to go to peacful and calm places..; maldivies are the best i think. lol
• Algeria
did they decied where to go??
@khaledsifou Yes. Hong Kong, Cambodia, Bali, Wakatobi, back to Bali, then Hong Kong, then home, with a stop in Vancouver. Lol!
• Algeria
@DianneN xish them te best... i wish meet my princess soon and take her in a trip like this lol.
• Pamplona, Spain
Is that the place in the photo? Its wonderful and you are both so generous to pay for all that. Wishing them all the best if I did not say it any other time.
Yes, that's it. It will be the last five days of the honeymoon. We paid for our older son's honeymoon, so it's only fair that we pay for his, too. Thank you so much!!!!
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN Fabulous is all I can say and all that time to enjoy themselves. Lots of happiness ahead for them.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Thanks so much. We are going out to dinner with them tonight.
@theBlock (2435)
@DianneN Wakatobi,,huh?....Oh,,I--gotta-tell-Hairy-Harry!....Wakatobi,-here-we-come-in-October,,baby!
Don't forget your things!!!!!
@theBlock (2435)
@DianneN Oh,,we-never-take-them-off....Well,,maybe-a-few-months-ago-when-we-were-arrested-for-indecent-exposure-at-a-policeman's-ball....
@theBlock I'm screaming with laughter! A policeman's ball.
@garymarsh6 (11721)
What a delightful honeymoon. It would be worth getting married just for the adventure! What a fantastic trip you and your husband are so very very kind! I bet they are counting down the days!
Thanks, Gary. They are so excited about going to Asia and have been researching places to see and eat at. They have make reservations already. I'm so happy for them!
@garymarsh6 (11721)
@DianneN They would do well to eat some of the local foods. The experience is amazing. The food courts with street foods are renowned for being some of the best. They must visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia. This place actually made me cry when I saw it with my own eyes! I felt very humbled.
@garymarsh6 They already have plans to eat at some highly recommended street stalls in Hong Kong. Angkor Wat is one of the main reasons my son wants to visit Cambodia. Thanks so much for your suggestions! My son researches everything single thing wherever he goes. Lol!
Sounds very exotic and wonderful!
I'm thrilled for them. Many thanks!
@DianneN That is a beautiful picture! It's really wonderful plans and a nice amount of time to anticipate it.
@Jeanniemaries We just returned from dinner with them. Half the time we talked about the places they'll visit, the things they will do, and the restaurants to try. I'm so excited for them!
@katsmeow1213 (28690)
What a gift!! Sounds like a wonderful, beautiful trip! I know travel planning can be time consuming and a bit of a pain. I tend to enjoy it, but it's slightly more annoying when you're on a tight budget!
Thank you! My son isn't looking forward to the long flights, but he is going on two of our favorite airlines, so he will make do.
@DianneN is United one of them? Lol
@katsmeow1213 Lol! No, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines.