What's the college experience that helped you grow up?

Personally, I never thought I'd get a chance for earning money while in college, that too with their initiative. What I also didn't know was it would give me a life-changing experience. It started off with a government sponsored survey project. Now, poverty is one thing to read about and another to see. After walking through the poorest and hapless regions of MY own country, MY own state, we came to realise something : while money indeed makes a person happy, whether to smile contently or not, is entirely, your own choice... Writing a full-fledged post about it soon. Ask me anything so I can remember to add up the details I could otherwise miss.
@EMuhungi (1733)
• Nairobi, Kenya
The fact that i lived alone in a single room and not in hostels, taught me to be self-reliant. That is a plus to me now.
@zarlamain (24999)
Traveling abroad with clubs I was a member of and participating in various charity events were positive experiences that helped me make the most out of university.
Hi @zarlamain, I somehow missed your comment, extremely sorry. this sounds interesting! have you written about it yet?
There was this Korean man who visited my country and saw a poor man with no dress and yet he was still smiling. This Korean person was puzzled and asked me how come that poor man looked so happy even though he didn't have any clothes on. I told him, we don't get our problems ruin our life.
absolutely, Toni, the people couldn't make both ends meet, yet they offered us lunch because after all we were their "little daughters" and how could they let us work starved?
@megatron777 (3778)
• Guam
Well, my college experience is great with all those brilliant professors one could have.
• Austin, Texas
Just being admitted to a university was a game changer for me. Most of the kids on my street didn't go to college. Most on my family did not go to an institution of higher learning. Only had one brother before me who set the example. I followed right behind him.
@Hari101 (1132)
• Chennai, India
Yes money can bring you smile and having it in the limited amount will bring us happiness and contentment. We should all join hands to abolish poverty. I wish the world will really get rid of poverty soon. Good luck.
• New Delhi, India
Nice topic...money does bring smiles
Sometimes I do feel there are more factors involved than just choice. But I do agree for the most part we can carve our own paths in life.
@malibu153 (134)
Totally, Agreed. Welcome here.
I think it is the same thing. The lack of enough money fuels my energy to obtain a diploma.