THE REASON WE RE-JOINED COSTCO YESTERDAY

@Hate2Iron (6006)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's been two years since we belonged to Costco. It just got to the point where we really couldn't be bothered going because we were beginning to find what we wanted cheaper elsewhere! Yesterday was different. We are updating our kitchen for resale purposes and the man that came to measure our counter tops said that his company couldn't compete with Costco when it came to the price of taps because of their buying power. We had our expired card and that got us in the door so, we went to check out the price of kitchen taps and he was right. We bought the tap and the savings more than covered our membership. Now, for the coming year, I'm going to save every receipt to find out exactly how much we spend and add notes to the file about the costs of other items that we had to buy elsewhere that were more expensive... Buy the time we need to renew our membership, I should know whether or not to bother! So what do you guys think of Costco. Are you getting good value for what it costs to join???
@fishtiger58 (27191)
• Momence, Illinois
We don't have a Costco around here so I have never been.
@Trensue (5270)
We drive 50 miles to one and it still saves us money.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
@Trensue Ours is pretty close so we will have to be careful how often we go.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
That might be a good thing!! lol
We don't have Costco here but I do belong to Sams Club (which is probably the same). I find I need to be a savvy shopper to know what's a good deal and what isn't. I do buy my meat at Sams club and divide it and package it and stock up my freezer about once a month. As for Costco, guess it pays to join to get a cheaper price on your taps. I do know they have very good prices on prescriptions that are hard to beat.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I will have to look into the prescription area... have never used that part of the store!
I have never patronized Costco. Went with my sister, who is a member, and found it quite overwhelming. We do not buy in bulk, so we have little use for Costco. Glad you will be getting some good deals for things you need at Costco.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
We go through a ton of flour and the price was pretty impressive. It all comes down to what you pay elsewhere!
• Pamplona, Spain
I am not in that as they donĀ“t have it here. They have Leroy Merlin, and Ikea but not that one. That can come in very handy when something like a tap breaks yes indeed.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
We spent lots of time looking and we found some really good deals... but you have to stay away from the wants and concentrate on the needs!! It's really easy to spend a ton of money!
• Pamplona, Spain
@Hate2Iron Oh, I have loads of wants on my list too. Just have to stick with what there is for now but I have managed to get a few things thank goodness.
We have no Cotsco stores here, I have never visited one even when I traveled in the United States.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
We were addicted at one point... we are smarter now!
@Trensue (5270)
It works for us. We don't purchase everything there, but enough that we get a great value. We keep our receipts and use an app to see where we should shop for specific things. It works for us.
@Hate2Iron (6006)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
You really have to know your prices because it is soooo easy to get carried away!
@scheng1 (24966)
Over here, the warehouse concept never quite takes off. For one thing, our apartments here are very small, so it does not make sense to buy in bulk. Another reason is that fresh vegetables, fruits, and meat are available all year round. There is no need to stock up on frozen food either.
I have never been to one, but I hear that they are building one in Mississippi.
There is a Costco here, but I'm not a member. I am a member of Sam's Club though and I find the savings worth it.
@FayeHazel (6219)
I used to get a Sam's club membership for my parents - but then there were fewer and fewer items they buy there, so for us, I don't think it counts.
• Riga, Latvia
No Costco here but we do belong to a store called Promo and they are also for businesses like bars and restaurants. So you can get stuff in bulk and just regular but their prices for everything from groceries to other items always make for very good savings.
@hate2iron I never really went into a Costco but hope you figure out the place with the best prices!
We only had Cotsco for a year. Someone mentionned to me this morning that their ready cooked chicken was excellent and we are going to try it with my son's membership.
I use my sisters so I automatically save money right there =)
@OreoBrownie (3292)
• Winder, Georgia
We don't have a cosco or Sam's Club near us. It's never been worth the expense to get the card. We did use SIL's mother's card once. I didn't like rat bathing was bagged everything pitch asks was in there original boxes. I can understand that. We shop at Ingles for the gas points and he pays under $2 a gallon. It's a dollar submerging, I get paid the 3rd of every month so I spend almost $600 in there, that subtracts 60 cents off each gallon of gas to fill the truck up. It's 10 cents off every $10 spent.