Incidental Karma?

Pixabay free image
Eugene, Oregon
It seems as if I wrote something like this before, but since it happened again, here is the incident. Anne and I were in the big box Costco store. I had loaded a bag, about 40 pounds, of potting soil into our cart and was standing there while Anne looked for Impatiens. I noticed an older (like me) Asian woman looking at the potting soil, then at her basket. She seemed to be calculating whether she could lift the bag high enough to place it there. So, I asked if I could do that for her and she was quite grateful. I wondered at the time how she would get it into her car and told her she could ask the cashier for help. The strange thing here is, that as we were leaving the crowded parking lot (it had started raining), there she was, her trunk open, pondering again. What else could I do? I stopped the car, hopped out and loaded the bag into her trunk. It seems very odd to me that these things happen occasionally, even stranger when they are fifteen minutes apart and involve the same people. I wonder how she got it out of her car?
That was very sweet and kind of you to do that. I am sure she greatly appreciated it.
• Eugene, Oregon
It was so strange to see her again in that crowded parking lot.
@JamesHxstatic yes it would be
You are like Superman . . . you just know when someone needs help, and you know just what to do !
• Eugene, Oregon
Wow, I never thought of that! Thanks!
@JamesHxstatic You need a cape with a big J on it (for Super JAMES!)
• Eugene, Oregon
@much2say My wife is quite the seamstress; I'll ask her to make one.
@sallypup (16396)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I have joked with the grocery baggers that want to help me at the store that they can come home with me and carry the bags up the deck steps and into the house. Its that hefting stuff up the steps that gets me most.
Yes, it is easier getting it from the shopping cart into the car than to get it into the house isn't it!
• Eugene, Oregon
I always wonder about that too @paigea & @sallypup. Loading it in the car is one thing, getting it out and into the house is another. When Anne is with me and they ask if they need to put things into separate bags to make them lighter, I always say that "she's stronger than she looks."
@JamesHxstatic I do like my bags packed evenly to carry. I like my reusable bags so I don't have to worry about them breaking. At one grocery store they pretty much always took your groceries out to the car. They would always head to the trunk and I would always ask them to put the heavier things on the seat. It is easier to lift it out from the seat than to have to lean over the trunk and get it up. One can slide things off the seat.
James, she is waiting and praying to meet you again to got the bag out of her car.
• Eugene, Oregon
Now that would really be strange wouldn't it?
@JamesHxstatic Yes, it would be, but it happened that the same day we met a completely unknown person three times and then never again in our life.
It seemed as if you were predestined to help her once and again.But then ,the old woman was fortunate enough to come across you -a helpful person.
• Eugene, Oregon
It was a strange occurrence for sure.
@Trensue (5272)
Hopefully she has great neighbors.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, or a husband who stayed home that day.
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe there was someone at home who could do it for her.
• Eugene, Oregon
I hope so. She was about Anne's size and the bag was half her height.
@valmnz (11904)
• New Zealand
I'm sure she appreciated your kindness and no doubt would find someone to help her at the other end.
@FayeHazel (6216)
That was nice of you to help. I hope she had someone on the other end - at her home to help get it out....
She was lucky you were around. Twice
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
Nice thing to do. That's good Karma.
@RubyHawk (13281)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Strange things happen. Maybe there is a reason. Anyway you were a Good Samaritan.
that was very kind of you to help! awhile back, i took the kids (thankfully) with me to Costco. It was shortly after my surgery. I realized they were going to have to lift the water bottles, the big box of paper, and then, push the HEAVY cart for me.... I was glad i brought them!
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, it was a good thing they were along.
@JamesHxstatic that stuff at costco can get quite heavy
• Eugene, Oregon
@jillybean1222 Yes, too heavy for Anne or this small Asian lady. I guess it is the way I was raised.
@PatZAnthony (10519)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
She's probably standing in the driveway waiting for you to show up and unload it for her right now!
• Laguna Woods, California
@PatZAnthony - That is a funny image ... the woman standing in her driveway waiting for James to show up again!
@PatZAnthony (10519)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@DeborahDiane That is exactly what came to mind when I read what was here!
I bet she appreciated your help.
@Freelanzer (4627)
I am sure she has people at home to help her. I have found myself in that position before but no one asked if they could help. Good for you
@DeborahDiane (13253)
• Laguna Woods, California
@JamesHxstatic - I hope the woman had someone at home who could help her. It was very kind of you to help her out. It was more than karma. You are just a good person who notices when someone is in need.