Enough Excuses...

@ChesneyM (6522)
I am trying to finish my painting project. The weather changed suddenly from a warm and dry day yesterday (26C, ~79F) to a wet chilly miserable rainy today (17C, ~63F). With the humidity level of 93% right now, I guess I have enough excuse to stop the painting temporarily . Like this, I could rest my hurt back with a clear conscience while waiting for the rain to stop... (I could always turn on the heater later to reduce the humidity I guess.) At least I managed to fix up the painting in our lounge room yesterday, plus did one primer coat for the adjacent room (just the panel closest to the ceiling where the builders needed to do some surgery to the structure while doing the extension a year ago). Are you using any excuse right now to get out of doing something? (My back truly hurts! ) ---- Image from pixabay
I am not using an excuse, but I had to stop working in the garden, we went from a very warm temperature of about 20 Celsius to a morning temperature of 2 Celsius. It's to cold for everything.
@ChesneyM (6522)
ouch, that is tooo cold... Even our winter wouldn't be that cold during the day (oh well, rarely anyway! )
@ChesneyM It has warmed up to 16 Celsius by noon, let's hope that the cold is over.
@ChesneyM (6522)
@LadyDuck I do feel sorry for your plants (how could they survive with that sort of cold? I thought your city has left that sort of weather behind for good.)
Sometimes it's good to have a good excuse. Weather is a good reason not to be painting especially with all that humidity. I am doing what I need to, myLotting. Everything else is done for the moment.
@ChesneyM (6522)
I still have to do a bit more before completely chucking out (or put away) all the other paint pots (plus a load of laundry to do ASAP tomorrow morning. Past midnight now, time to rest ...).
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh i see
I don't need any excuse. I just don't do it. A can of paint has been sitting in the bathroom for a month. I will have to take it to be shaken up again!
@ChesneyM (6522)
After one year not painting, I had to chuck out quite a few paint pots which I didn't close the lids good enough. Once finished with the painting, I am going to move the unused paint pots to the shed (my kitchen is a mess because of those paint pots).
@Lupita234 (6410)
lol me too
@ChesneyM we are going to paint the big room in the basement this year. Yuck. So not looking forward to that
@PatZAnthony (8529)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The weather is often a good reason, rather than an excuse, not to do certain things here. Will your back hurt less if you don't paint? Maybe you really need to take a break.
@ChesneyM (6522)
I did take a break before returning to painting. And surprised surprised... my back seemed to be much better (and I could paint faster because of that! except that I began to have vertigo while standing on the ladder! Good news, I finished with all the high spots now - unless I re-do my daughter's dancing room! )
@Lupita234 (6410)
yeah we got to make things done on good weather
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@ChesneyM Vertigo and ladders do not go together!
@epiffanie (8001)
Well yes! and I have a valid excuse.. I am too old for this and that ....
@ChesneyM (6522)
I think that is a marvelous excuse.
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh me too
Hope you get it done. I am planning to clean my house spotless out of boredom.
@ChesneyM (6522)
I sort of finished I think... (close to midnight when I packed up everything). The only problem now is, there is a bit of paint left here and there. I plan to look around and find places to use them up or they will dry out.)
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh clean house its hard to do
I have no excuse, I need to finish painting the kitchen.
@ChesneyM (6522)
Good luck with your project. Are you going to use white or some pretty color (I had trouble a bit when using white to fix up some part which used to be off white or pale yellowish brown.)
@Lupita234 (6410)
me too paint the garage
It's good to hear that you love to paint even I like to paint when I get any chance. But I have a doubt ....Is painting your hobby or profession?
@ChesneyM (6522)
I wish... No, this is painting some ceiling & wall sections (have to, since the leaking roofs in the past had discolored the former, and the builders while extending the house left sections of the walls with brand new plasters which needed to be painted!)
@Lupita234 (6410)
i love too
@RubyHawk (9641)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes I am, I'm Mylotting rather than ironing.
@ChesneyM (6522)
mylotting is more relaxing for sure... (I still have to do a load of laundry with kids' school uniforms, before I could seriously enjoy mylotting.)
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh good
I could use the rain for an excuse - It rained all night and all day. Still raining.
@ChesneyM (6522)
Miserable isn't it, seeing the gloomy sky...
@Lupita234 (6410)
lol rain its bad for paiting
@ilocosboy (15673)
Yes I do it in my running exercises when I wake up late, then I thought who's I'm excusing
@ChesneyM (6522)
one has to do what one has to do (give ourselves enough excuses) in order to survive in this tough world...
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh walk in the afternoon
Haha yes there are many items I am putting off as well. Its hard to find motivation especially with the bigger projects!
@ChesneyM (6522)
The problem is, is it really important enough for us to really kill ourselves while doing it, right? (I have no choice but to finish with this project, or the paints have the habit of drying out... and they are expensive stuff OK!)
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh thats good
@FayeHazel (5483)
Ah yes. I'm Mylotting so I don't have to go clean house. Ha! Happy painting to yoU!
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh lol
@sishy7 (20330)
Take it easy... Back pain is no joke... Make sure you don't do anything that will make it worse...
@Lupita234 (6410)
oh bac pain is bad
@ChesneyM (6522)
Funny, I thought it had gone away after I had a good rest yesterday, but by today, it sort of reminds me that it is still there... (Once I finish with my commitments for the day, I will flop back to bed... continue with my reading !)
@sishy7 (20330)
@ChesneyM good idea!
@Lupita234 (6410)
hopes you paint and got a good day
yeah actually. Like its too hot to work in my country. Thinking of excusing myself not to work because its too costly to turn the AC on to keep the workplace a little bit cool.
@ChesneyM (6522)
you were not in Singapore I guess. Over there, aircon blast all the working hours from what I remembered. Just shopping alone, one has to wear something warm.
@ChesneyM No unfortunately. In my country, electricity is gets very expensive in summer. Because of the generation costs. I'd only wish the Philippines also has snow. Or at least winter season. It doesnt have to be really snowy but at least cold.
Poor you! It will get better. I have only one excuse that has been keeping me from myLot, and that is life!
@ChesneyM (6522)
have to admit that life and our commitments do keep us from this site (and others...).
2h
@ChesneyM Very true!
I am good at procrastinating. It comes naturally to me (lol)
@ChesneyM (6522)
I think my middle name might have been 'procrastinare'
@ChesneyM The one thing I do not procrastinate is myLotting
No excuses. But also nothing to get out of
@ChesneyM (6522)
Lucky you, a clear conscience .
@ChesneyM for now lol.
• Redlands, California
I do that everyday. lol
@ChesneyM (6522)
If the task is not that urgent, we don't need to do it right at once surely...