Do you follow unsolved missing people stories?

For over a year on fb, a friend of a friend posted that her niece had been missing. The girl was 17, taking out the trash and turned up missing.. I have shared the flyer on fb ,in hopes someone would see it and help to bring her back home. The other day there was a new post saying she has turned up in Texas, she is now an adult,and if she wants to share why she left she will. People have been asking where she was, why did she leave, and the family is upset for people asking. I have to wonder if some how the girl will be charged for the time when she was under 18 and the FBI was looking for her and police and all the searching. She is 18 now and free to do what she wants. I am like the rest of the people wanting to know why she left all this time. Also very happy she is alive and well, they posted pictures of her smiling and happy in her new life.
I am glad that she has been found. At least they know where she is now.
Yes, I wish she would have contacted them sooner, the family had some scammers trying to get money out of them saying that she was being used in Human Trafficking.
@CookieMonster46 Wow that must have been scary for them. Yes she should have at least let them know she was safe.
@Happy2BeMe Yes, they have been really worried, but I could tell they thought she left on her own. There was some indication she was talking to a man she met online. and she wiped her computer hard drive before she went missing.. So always figured she left on her own, but was hoping, she was safe.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
She's an adult. I would leave her alone and respect her privacy. Maybe there was an underlying issue that caused her to split, maybe she wasn't safe and she had to leave to protect herself
she is an adult now, but a lot of people still want to know, their family and friends who have been looking for her for over a year.
I suppose that the police has something to ask, because she was too young when she left the house. I am also curious to know.
From what I saw there were doing a dna to make sure it is really her , even though they posted pictures up of her she looks a bit different.
@CookieMonster46 I can understand that they want to be sure.
It is very frustrating the not knowing and is upsetting when there is no updated as we become.so invested in trying to help find them
I agree, I think it is normal to want to know what happened, how someone could hide for over a year.
@CookieMonster46 yes it is hard not knowing
Well, I hope she's doing well after being gone for a long time I think.
I hope so too, with so many missing cases, not all have good endings..This one was even on Nancy Grace, she has very good coverage..Nancy Grace used to be on CNN in my area , tv channel, she is a former prosecutor.
@RubyHawk (13222)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I would wonder what happened. Maybe she was carried away against her will and brain washed. Stranger things have happened. If I were her parents I would pay her a visit
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
• Ponce De Leon, Florida