A New Chef in our family

@ramapo17 (12958)
Melbourne, Florida
My youngest grandson is 16 and in a vo tech school studying the culinary arts. He will be going into his 3rd year in September and hopefully in a couple of years he will be a master chef. How great it will be to have our own chef in the family. I do have some fears that he will end up with a job in a far away place. He wants to go to Austria to learn to be a pastry chef. Nice big dreams for a young man. Did you know what you wanted to become when you were 16?
Yes, A teacher. Thats good he has dreams and goals
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
I hope he continues on this path as I love nice pastries.
@ramapo17 they are good. But im sure youll back him no matter what he decides later
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Courtlynn You are very right. grandchildren are very special.
@louievill (13135)
That's one heck of a chef you have got there, looks like he means business good ambition
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
I do believe he will make it as that is all he has wanted to be for years. He use to stay with my husband when he was cooking dinners and he wanted to learn everything.
Yeah, a movie director.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
Did you ever become a movie director?
@ramapo17 Not yet. But I'm still hoping for that.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
@TheInvisibleMan Let me know your first movie.
@minx267 (7385)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Nope, I still don't know.. lol That is great I know a lot more people getting into cooking... and most of them are male... when I was in school. They often tried to make fun of the guys that took Home Economics. of course some of the courses were required... What is the harm in knowing how to cook for yourself? Kudos to your Grandson!
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
Now that you mention it, I remember the same thing in cooking school when I was in high school. I think there were only a handful of males that were in the cooking class.
@minx267 (7385)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@ramapo17 yep, see.. back then.. women were the ones "in the kitchen" and that was even into the 80's now it is more and more commonplace for the boys to be cooking.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
@minx267 I don't even cook any more. My husband likes doing it and I encourage him. I'm no dummy
When I was 16 I was very confused of what I want in life. In fact, I didn't know what would I be doing at all. But when I was in pre-school I wanted to be a teacher. My father wanted me to be a lawyer, my mom wanted me to be a flight attendant. Now I have two degrees, a degree in Business Administration major in Marketing and a degree in Law as I've graduated in law school as well. I also studied real estate and took an exam for licensure and now I'm also a licensed Real Estate Broker.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
Wow, you certainly did it all. Congratulations.
Oh how wonderful he should try out for one of those foot network kids shows
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
@chrissbergstromI wish I knew how to get him on one.
@JustBhem (8081)
When I was 16 years old, I wanted to become a nurse. I want the idea of taking good care of patients who needed assistance. Then I made up my mind and want to be a Teacher. I want to teach kids. And when I was 18, I wanted to become a Policewoman and defend people especially women and children. But it didn't work out for me. I became a Call center agent. Talking to people around the globe is the best thing I ever experience.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
It all comes out to what makes us the happiest. Glad you are happy.
My cousin was 12 years old when he started to go to the cooking school, he is now a Master Chef. When I was 16 I wanted to become an architect and interior decorator.
@ramapo17 I would have loved to be an architect, but sometimes life decides differently.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck Yes it does. I wanted to be a hairdresser since I was about 9 years old. I did it for over 20 years. I would still enjoy doing it if my fingers were ok but I dislocated 2 many years ago and never had them set so they are still bent.
16h
@ramapo17 When I was very young I wanted to be a hairdresser, I still love to play with the hair. I cut my hubby's hair and also dye and cut the hair of my Mom.
Wow. He really does have a wonderful dream in becoming a pastry chef. That is so cool. I come from a long line of teachers, and I knew I would become one too. I did.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
You kept it in the family. As long as you are happy, that is what counts.
I think that is great! My daughter wants to learn how to cook in some sort of school type of setting too but it's expensive so I don't know if we will ever be able to get her in.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
Don't they offer cooking classes in high school? I know she is young now but before you know it, her dreams might come true.
Your youngest grandson has high aspirations ,so he will go far in the culinary arts.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
Thank you. I hope he does live his dream.
I hope he becomes a famous chef and makes lots of money.
@ramapo17 (12958)
• Melbourne, Florida
Me to and I hope he practices on me.
@ridingbet (22733)
i have always wanted to be a nurse.
No, I didn't. My nephew is a really good cook. He may be opening a restaurant in early 2018.
• Austin, Texas
Let us know when he gets his own cooking show. When I was 16, I wanted to attend a college or a university, because I knew that 16 year olds couldn't get jobs that paid much. Why work at McDonald's or Burger King, when I could be working towards a degree??
That is great that he knows what he wants to do the such a young age. My stepson is a chef. When I was 16 I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.