I don't know if I was wrong but I am prepared to say sorry after your comments.

My neighbor that borrowed my firestick explained to me it was stolen out his apt. Now he lives here below me and in another place out of state. A little over an hour away. So since coming to me I forgave him and let the firestick go. He asked to borrow the roku promising to always return it for my the following day. Like clockwork he comes very early in the morning for the return. If my aide is not coming I let him use it that day. and the next morning he will be right here with it. Three days have the past and he has not been here. He had to go out of state for an emergency trip to the hospital. His woman has the same condition with body pain as me. so I understand. I said if you were leaving the state you should have told me. he then said I don't have to tell you anything. Your device in downstairs safe in my unit. It's not stolen i will be there tomorrow or the next day to return it to you. I was not angry I said ok you enjoy day god bye. Then I hung up. he rings right back to say I need to find a better way to conversate with him. he does not want me hanging up on him. I said I was wishing you a good night. And said goodbye. Now when he returns. I want to roku and when he comes to borrow it I want to say no. Just in case something pops up you need to leave. I don't want you to feel the need to bring it back to me. Is that too bad? The main reason I don't want to give it to him is I am awaken out my sleep in order for him to return it. I would prefer he use it and return it at night before he goes to sleep. My aide uses it in the living room.
@ilocosboy (15806)
If I am you, I will not entertain that guy anymore. Let him provide his own.
He bought his own today. I am glad about that now.
@minx267 (7684)
• Hartford, Connecticut
It's yours. You have the right to say no. he can go an get his own.. Why should you have to explain yourself and wait to have your own Roku back.. "it's safe downstairs" - yea but that doesn't do you any good if you needed it does it? I would definitely stop lending it out.. if he asks why. say it (the situation) wasn't working out for you.
That would have been it if he did not have his own today. so no more borrowing for me.
I dont think you are/were wrong. Not at all
Oh good because I did not think I was. he was in my book for leaving.
@sharon6345 i dont necessarily think he was for leaving.. but his attitude to you habging up definitely was sour
@Courtlynn Thanks He returned it and has his own now. Good for us.
Don't let anyone take advantage of your kindness I would take the roku and not let him borrow it again
I agree that is exactally what she should do.
I don't plan on loaning it out anymore. he has his own
@sharon6345 good for you
@dwstory (798)
I would never have loaned it to him after he loss the other firstick. Those are not free they cost you money to buy them.
I am now glad h got his own roku to watch.
@HAPPSINGH (69617)
• Jalandhar, India
take care
@Tina30219 (14857)
• Onaway, Michigan
You are right to feel this way since youd stick was stolen. I would just tell him if I let you use it it has to be back here at night before yku go to bed.
He got his own today so I am good now. I won't be loaning it out any more.
@Tina30219 (14857)
• Onaway, Michigan
@sharon6345 That is good that he got his own.
@Tina30219 yes now I am good with mine. He is now watching hulu and netflix so we both have tv now.
@CRK109 (12551)
"Borrow" does not mean keep it as long as you want before returning it.
He has his own box now so the borrowing is over now.
@CRK109 (12551)
@sharon6345 that's good. It's not like you can keep going out and buying this stuff all over again.
@CRK109 yes now I am without but that will not every happen again.
I think I would avoid the trouble and just not lend him the Roku. Next time he brings it back, I would keep it in my home.
The good thing is he bought him one today.
Oh no, I would have absolutely no dealings with him, but that is just me. The minute he would attack me, that would be the end of that.
I think it's good now that he has his own box. No one will borrow it again.
@sharon6345 Yes Sharon, you are so kind and he shouldn't have spouted off at you.
@Kuttu_007 (688)
Borrowing is fine..but Everytime doesn't sounds good