Do you keep your personal documents safe?

@amnabas (9702)
Karachi, Pakistan
Well earlier in teenage I use to be very irresponsible about my documents. My father used to keep my certificates, report cards, School cards etc. But after marriage I started taking responsibilities of my own. I gathered my and hubby's documents in an envelopes separately in a safe locker. What about you?
I'm still learning on how to be organized with those things.
@dodo19 (26676)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We do keep our important documents safe. We'll keep birth certificates (ours and our kids), marriage certificates and such.
@skydream (819)
• Agate, Colorado
My mom still keeps a lot of my stuff safe but in high school i got better and knowing where they were and how to kepe them safe
I keep our our documents in a large bin stored in the basement. My organizational skills stink, but if a document is needed, I know where it is.
All important documents are kept in a safe or at the bank.
@velvet53 (14989)
• Palisade, Colorado
At first I was terrible with keeping important papers put up but my dad changed that for me. He found my first tax return laying out and he hid t from me. Then one day I said he wanted to see it. Of course I couldn't find it. He told me that he had it and gave it back along with a locking metal box.
• Denmark
I've done the same.
@megatron777 (3847)
• Guam
I put all my important docs in a safe place and which you could easily find when you needed it most.
@malibu153 (134)
I think we all have to be responsible at a certain point, whether married or unmarried. I have about 5 lockers for various documents, some are for jewelery..its important to be responsible and its great you are
• Pamplona, Spain
Definite yes as if you lose them or misplace them it could cost you money in the future like for your proof of payment of Pension. I donĀ“t know how they do it there but we have to have every single proof we can get hold of all except for the School Certificate because I had to leave School early to find a Job so they refused to give me one.
Yes, ours are put in a safe place.