This discussion is 'a contribution that is eligible for earnings'

Eligible. Nowhere here does it say I will earn for making this discussion. It merely says I am eligible...just like if I bought a lottery ticket, I would be eligible to win. Buying the ticket is no guarantee of winning. Writing this discussion is no guarantee of earning. It simply means it is possible I will earn from posting it. But to earn, it 'depends on how interesting and valuable the myLot community considers it. If no one reads what you wrote, interacts with it, or otherwise considers it interesting, then you likely won't earn anything.' These are the conditions upon which I might earn for posting it. There is no guarantee that you will earn for anything you do here. I honestly don't understand how so many users read the FAQ page and assume they are going to automatically earn for posting a discussion, response, or comment. I am a bachelor. (Or a word that sounds close to that, according to some people ) I am eligible to get married. That doesn't mean I am going to get married. I guess I could always put a / at the end of this discussion...but then again, even though people couldn't 'like' it or respond to it, they could still read it...which is one of the aforementioned conditions to earn for it. Dang it...I'll just have to settle for being eligible to earn, I guess...
This is where you will learn all about the myLot Earnings Program
Word of the day: ELIGIBLE. I wonder if people who are supposed to read and learn from this are actually reading this.
Likely not, most of them think they already know it
@ramapo17 (24060)
• Melbourne, Florida
Maybe some people don't know what ELIGIBLE means.
@ramapo17 We should probably tell them to check the dictionary then?
@silvermist (20100)
@JolietJake I am surprised at people posting discussions like an authority -- misunderstanding and misinterpreting the Earning FAQ.
Even I am not an ultimate authority...while I know how much of it works here, there are areas I have no knowledge of.
@silvermist means you
@silvermist (20100)
@allknowing Coming from a very serious discussion about earning in mylot , by some one else , @JoiletJake obviously knows whom I mean.( Nice try )
@velvet53 (16605)
• Palisade, Colorado
Very catchy topic which I like. It should catch you some cash. You do have a point on the FAQ.
It seems many new (and old) users are convinced they are earning for the posts they make without quite comprehending what they are actually earning for. Unfortunately, I am sure it will continue to be a disputed fact.
@velvet53 (16605)
• Palisade, Colorado
@JolietJake True. You have to get people to read, like and comment before anything will happen. I know that I have had some boring posts so didn't get much activity on them.
@velvet53 I've always thought it a bit odd that some posts I am sure will attract people fail...miserably at times
@minx267 (14567)
• Hartford, Connecticut
So If I don't post here. Then you can't respond and we wont have a discussion on whether you are or we are Eligible or in Fact going to earn for this post or the original post or even subsequent posts. Is that correct?
Maybe. Except April 31st.
@minx267 (14567)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@JolietJake How about on Feb 30th?
@silvermist (20100)
@minx267 May 32 perhaps?
@megatron777 (3778)
• Guam
Thanks for the subtle and hair-splitting distinction.
It seems some people will latch on to one part of the FAQ page and decide 'it means this' without applying the other parts of it.
@JolietJake That is because they want to view it that way. It seems promising.
@MsBooklover But the 'promise' they see by only applying part of it becomes a lie.
@louievill (18674)
Ok, ok now here is an example of how this discussion will make something, now thank me
Thank you
@louievill (18674)
@JolietJake you are welcome, then that makes it 2and one for me
@louievill Thank you for making me feel welcome
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
It's like that "other" document that guarantees us the right to PURSUE happiness. It doesn't promise us happiness, but so many people just don't seem to get that.
Exactly so. People seem to have a habit of thinking things mean what they wish they meant.
@ramapo17 (24060)
• Melbourne, Florida
@JolietJake If that was true I would be wishing for a lot of things.
You know how entitled Americans are. . .
Scar holds the title to me he says
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
To be honest, I have long ago decided I will not pay off the mortgage posting here. I never really think whether a post earns or not.
Even worse is when people start trying to state 'you earn 'x' amount for each post'. The actual earning algorithm is a strictly-kept secret, the formula of which is kept in a tightly sealed vault that not even @GoAskAlice has the combination to.
I can't think of any site where one would earn just by posting. The earning always comes from the attention a post receives.
Actually, that is exactly how the older version of myLot worked...the motto then was 'I post, I earn, you post, you earn'.
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@JolietJake Really? Interesting to know!
@JolietJake interesting. On Bubblews one earned for likes and comments received. When I first joined there, you also earned for views. The numbers of views, likes, and comments showed up for every post for all to see, so one could know exactly what the response to each post earned them. But a post with zero attention would earn zero. Every other site I have peeked into, seemed the same. One has to interact around the site to get themselves seen so people will respond to what they have posted.
This public service announcement is brought to you by @JolietJake and Scar!
Mostly me though, Scar is too busy going in/out/in/out
@JolietJake Scar still on yard patrol?!!
@allen0187 I just got home, he just went out
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@JolietJake By far the most logical explanation & analysis of the word 'eligible' in the context of question - 'Do I earn anything for posting here?', despite the little usual sarcasm!
There's the 'catch-22'...if I don't post, people can't interact. If people don't interact, I don't earn. So when I post, and people interact, it may appear I earned for posting. But appearances can be deceiving.
@Mass_Sonu (1035)
@JolietJake Ha ha, yeah. Appearances *are* deceptive!
@Basilo (612)
you have really made it clear.. thanks. sometimes it gets hard coming up with interesting discussions
Clear as mud, no doubt.
@pgntwo (21656)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Illegible. Stick a \ at the end of it, lock it down. A shame the \ doesn't stick the Post to the top of the Posts list... Yeah, I know you said Eligible, I prefer the unreadable version
Abjiferbu4r?
@pgntwo (21656)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake How on earth did you figure out my password?
Yes eligible is such a nice word.
I hope my discussion was eligibly legible
@JolietJake haha you are a rapper JJ.
Glad you set that straight...but some people just refuse to listen!!!
Too bad I can't set this discussion to auto-post twice a month
@JolietJake that would be great!!!
You mean I am only eligible to be a billionaire but it doesn't mean I will be one? Rats.
Sorry. I'm afraid even 1 billion hundredths is still $100,000.0000 so yer prob'ly not gonna reach it here.
@mythociate (15383)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I almost 'hate' it when people say they "earn" money here ... just that word, it makes you think you "deserve" something, that the money becomes "yours," that 'the little earned-credits counter in the top corner' is some kind of "contract with myLot"---so much so that I could take a snapshot of my screen, take it down to myLot-headquarters, kick the door down & DEMAND my 0.0011 cents! It's not. That credits-count up there is more like 'a letter to Santa Claus': "Dear Santa, I been this good. Thank you " Every so often, an accountant at headquarters tells Santa how good we've been, and Santa reaches into his 'cyber-sack' (don't Bing that!) and distributes the milli-cents into our PayPal accounts. Not because the benevolent webmaster swore it unto us with an oath, but by their amazing grace
Microsoft Rewards is the easiest way to get rewarded for doing what you already do on Microsoft.
• Hamilton, Bermuda
Being eligible is not a guarantee that is like buying a raffle ticket that says you are eligible to win the prize but just because you brought the ticket does not mean you will win the prize you have a chance of winning but that does not mean you will win In here you are eligible to earn money but if you type things that people could careless about then you will not make anything at all the choice is really up to us whether we earn here or not it is not my lots fault if you are boring and uninteresting you will not make any money the buck stops with you not my lots.
@Gunchie (73)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
Your opinion is true, what you have right in entering a community? I try to give advice hopefully acceptable. So, if we accept the invitation of the celebration, and willing to come, once you enter the room, you realize that the room is not much you know. If you stay silent, then you can not make new friends, and enjoy the celebration, one way to enjoy it is to open up and mingle, create if we are good friends in the conversation, and build fun tip tips. Once you are accepted, I am sure you will really enjoy the celebration. Well, so also in this forum, you should try to introduce yourself, try to add friends, try to invite discussion, if your follower a lot, then once you open the discussion, will get a lot of responses, if your follower reaches 500, all so easy, Get it. If now still a little, enjoy the process, in the process there are likes and grief. When you've positioned the top, even looks monotonous, and you end up saturated and this natural process occurs ... regeneration, if this process can not be resisted like the aging process in humans. Hopefully my views are acceptable. Always working and struggling to fill this life to be beautiful.