How far would you go to win a bet?

@boiboing (11915)
Northampton, England
The recent detonation of explosions near to the Dortmund football team's bus led to much speculation that it was a terrorist attack. There were even letters found at the scene that seemed to support that idea. But it's now been revealed that the attacker was not a rabid radical with a grudge against the beautiful game. He was an investor who had bet on the share price of the club going down in order to win a lot of money. He believed that attacking the bus would make the team's share price tumble, thus generating a big win for him on his 'bet'. What an ass. On the one hand I'm deeply relieved that this wasn't yet another terrorist attack. On the other, I'm deeply depressed that people can be so incredibly greedy and exercise so little concern for others. Thankfully nobody was badly hurt but thousands of fans were put to the expense of having to stay an extra night, find a new flight home, or leave immediately without seeing the game.
• Olney, Illinois
He should have bet on getting caught
@boiboing (11915)
• Northampton, England
Good comment JJ. What a moron he was. He'll be able to bet on what's for lunch in the prison canteen.
@voyager11 (3236)
• New Zealand
That person is sick on the head.
@boiboing (11915)
• Northampton, England
He's very lucky that nobody was badly hurt.
Pretty desperate fellow who did that. Greed makes for many people to do such harm to others.
@JESSY3236 (3773)
I haven't heard that yet. That's terrible. People are so stupid.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
Seriously? You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. I can't even use the word I want to right now.
I have read and I was relieved to know that it was not another terrorist attack, unfortunately a little later I read about the new terrorist attack in Paris.
I am not a betting person. I am never shocked anymore as to what human beings do or don't do.
@Gunchie (71)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
The dangerous terrorists are black businessmen in cooperation with hard-line religious people
• Denmark
I heard about this on the radio this morning. This is a completely new scenario. Hopefully, there won't be copycats who think that they can pull it off.