Cold and Gloomy

@CRK109 (13660)
I got up this morning and the fog is pretty thick outside. It's raining and the air coming in the windows is pretty raw and cold. Not the kind of day I'd like to go out into, although you never know what the day is going to bring. Stress in my life has cut way back on anything I've been eating. Yesterday I did manage a whole sandwich, with a little bit of ham, a slice of cheese and a slice of tomato. That's probably the most I've eaten at one time in a week. It's amazing how little we can eat and still keep going sometimes. I need a new glucometer, and with my new insurance, I had to check with my pharmacy to see which one I can get. He gave me all the information but also advised me that, with the new insurance, I also need a new prescription before I do just about anything. So, I called my doc's office and of course, he's out of town. So I'll call back on Monday and rattle their cages a little more. Seems that these days, I pay more but have to work harder to get the things I need. I'm sure it's the same with many of you. I hope someone out there has the sunshine that's missing from my part of the world. My library books will be arriving in about 3 hours, and hopefully, something in the bag will grab my attention for a while. That would be a very good thing. Claudia
It's sunny here today, but the air is still very cold. It is so true that when we have problems we do not feel in the mood to eat. Take care of yourself.
@CRK109 (13660)
I'm trying very hard not to get sick. What I find has been the best news in all of this is that the medication my doctor gave me to sleep also calms down my anxiety at night. So while I can be a bit anxious during the day over problems, at night I can at least get a good night's sleep.
@CRK109 To have a good sleep at night is very important, I am glad you can rest at least.
@CRK109 (13660)
@LadyDuck Thanks, Anna. I'm so grateful for that. Remember when I used to complain about not being able to sleep right? God helped me get that working so I could better help my cat. I have to believe there is a Plan in all of this.
Its a cold and gloomy day here today too-ugh! It would be an excellent day to curl up with a good book and enjoy yourself, I hope that you have a good selection.
@CRK109 (13660)
From what I've heard, there should be one or two books that should be good ones. I'm hoping to go downstairs to do laundry later and it always helps to bring a book with me. Hope your day is a good one, Julia!
@CRK109 Thank you, and you as well Claudia!
@CRK109 (13660)
@Juliaacv thanks, Julia! xoxo
@Ronrybs (7067)
• London, England
Dealing with health issues seems to be awfully compilcated, but at least you will have some new reading to start on
@CRK109 (13660)
I love how far away reading can take me when I need to escape. Movies, too. Anything to help me cope with reality...at least for now!
@Ronrybs (7067)
• London, England
@CRK109 Trouble with reality is that it isn't as real as a book
Gray, cold and rainy here too. Glad you were able to eat. Please keep trying to.
@CRK109 (13660)
I've been starving all day and afraid to eat. So...popcorn for supper. With a cup of tea! At least if this stays down, I can have a little bit more tomorrow....maybe? And thank you very, very much! xoxo
@CRK109 i would think so. But maybe try small thin foods first as you havent been eating
Books should help with your mood. It rained all day yesterday and last night. It is still raining - and looks pretty gloomy.
@CRK109 (13660)
Gloomy is the perfect word for our weather today. At least where you are it's warm. It got so cold today I had to put the heat back on for a little while.
@CRK109 Yes, it is about 79'F this evening - and still raining.
@dwstory (866)
It seems like with insurance. The more you pay the less you get.
@CRK109 (13660)
Oh, insurance is horrible. Although mine is actually helping me a little bit this year so I shouldn't complain. lol
It is cold here too, but we do have some sunshine. Yes, if one of your library books is a great read, then your day will definitely be a bit better.
@CRK109 (13660)
1pm here and no sun yet. I'm headed for a nap shortly.
@JESSY3236 (3910)
It was foggy here yesterday, but it didn't rain. We are supposed to have rain Sunday.
@CRK109 (13660)
Sometimes the fog is so cool, especially at night when I can see little bits of light coming through. During the day, because I live up so high, the houses below me all just disappear and I feel like I'm floating. But then I miss seeing everything. Hope your Sunday isn't too cold! Rain is much better when it's warmer!
You seem to be very down and the weather sure doesn't help. WE have the same depressing weather here. Hope that your books will bring you some joy.
@CRK109 (13660)
Yes, I'm very down these days and since talking about it doesn't help me and irritates others, I've let it go. I keep trying to find ways to distract myself, and maybe one of the books will do the trick. Have a great day, Marlina.
@silvermist (19130)
@CRK109 So,you will have to wait to ge the new Glucometer.Update us when the library books arrive.
@CRK109 (13660)
Yes I have to wait. I wish I could check my blood sugar now to make sure I'm doing okay, but there is no way, so I will be patient and just read my books until my doctor returns from his vacation.