Is This Legal As Per Mylot Guidelines Or I Am Doing It Wrongly

@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Hello friends. How's you doing?? I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your time. I was just thinking, if it's legal and in the guidelines or acceptable to mylot if Me or others hijack discussions and answer almost all discussions of other user, because I am in love of doing that lol. I know some users who dislike it and some have no issues with it. What's your say?? How's everyone doing??
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
I have noticed that you do this. I don't mind if it is banter so long as you address the author of the discussion first. I would bear in mind the amount of notifications you are building up when you just want to say hello to another user on someone else's post. When this happens to me I can get annoyed. If I want to say hello to you or ask how you are doing I will visit your post. Hello or how you doing today don't add value to somebody else's discussion
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
I can understand, so you mind if i hijack your discussion and say hello and how are you to other users
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
@HAPPSINGH What is crazy about you is that you ask how I'm doing on other people's discussions when I have given them a response. To some people what you are doing is a very transparent way of increasing your earnings. If you were enhancing a users discussion further I wouldn't mind you calling me to that discussion. It shows more depth to you as a person.
@silvermist (19130)
@HAPPSINGH I wish you would try to understand what @Gillygirl is saying here.Pay some attention. I think these days you are over doing it.
@GoAskAlice (4103)
I'll make this official. Spamming a discussion with short, nonsensical and irrelevant comments, especially for purpose of derailing the post, is behavior that I frown upon.
@ptrikha_2 (4034)
But what if comments are relevant to the discussion- is it fine then?
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@GoAskAlice that would be great
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
• Olney, Illinois
It is not against the rules, but doing it to members that do not want it done would be extremely rude, so I would be careful where you do it.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah thanks I am now becoming more careful in that aspect and even earned some blocks as well lol. Hope you don't mind it lol
@Mike197602 (12769)
• Worcester, England
It isn't against the rules if you're making valid comments on the discussion. Saying hello and how are you etc is against the rules as it could well be seen as "Discussions, responses or comments that offer little or no value".
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Aw thanks friend. I will be careful
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
@mike197602 I have tried explaining this on a discussion and by PM. I love to discuss but find I am being asked how I am. I respond to user A's discussion then user B comes a long and responds also but user B wants to know how I am, using user A's discussion. It becomes a very transparent way to boost earnings.
I dont like it. Its annoying. So i just wont comment back. Rude or not.. my choice. Lol
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
I know friend, no issues. I respect your opinion, Wishing you best in life
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@Courtlynn good evening
@boiboing (12578)
• Northampton, England
It's a sure fire way to piss people off but I don't think it's against the rules. Try to be a bit more considerate of the poor poster who then gets loads of alerts that aren't anything to do with what they originally wrote.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@boiboing Yeah well said, thanks for your views. Good day
I don't think that it is against the rules but I do know that it does upset some people.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah i know some but no issues, i will spare them lol, hope you don't mind
• Olney, Illinois
Hey how are you doing today?
@HAPPSINGH I don't mind at all!
@sjvg1976 (12675)
It's not against the rule and also not a reason of annoying people. But that's their thinking.
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
Unwanted notifications are a pain when time is limited. Some people get very annoyed indeed.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@sjvg1976 Yeah you are right, hope you don't mind if i do it on your discussions?
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@Gillygirl I think we are here for notifications only and the more the better the chance of your earning and even fun of interaction as well
No since its interacting but many members don't like it because you would be adding more notifications for them and they cannot relate sometimes or want to contribute.
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
I wish people would understand about notifications.
@Gillygirl Yeah, some don't.
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
@infatuatedbby I'm hoping that some will very soon.
I have nothing against light, back and forth banter on my posts - it could be amusing at times.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@Kandae11 awesome, thanks for your lovely views, they will surely help me a lot
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@Gillygirl Very nice, at least some one thinks like me
@Gillygirl (13139)
• Sutton, England
@HAPPSINGH I am not thinking like you at all. Like Anna says you need to be careful. I wrote a post along similar lines which you responded to. I had a new user who joined that day complain that someone had been hijacking their first post. When I checked it was you. You had responded to her but then proceeded to ask other users how they were on her very first post. That would have put me off the site as a newbie but you don't seem to get it.
@silvermist (19130)
@HAPPSINGH As I already said,avoid doing this on the discussions of who do not like that.It is not because it is against rules.As for me,I do not mind.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah thanks friend, i was just taking other's opinions as well. And yes yesterday i hijacked some of your discussions and today i will check whom other is comfortable with it by checking other responds to this discussion LOL. Good morning, hows you doing today ?
@jujunme (2127)
@HAPPSINGH Please tell us why you need to hijack discussions you were already told it borders on a violation plus how annoying and upsetting it is to many of us. you are in danger of having many people block you or worse report your actions to the admin
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@jujunme thanks
@jujunme (2127)
NO i don't like it and won't respond to it either even when i see it done on others discussions, i find it annoying
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@jujunme I can understand, thanks for you lovely views. good evening, enjoy your time
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
It will be easy for you to know whether a user is ok with it as that user will not like nor comment on your comment.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah I understood now, thanks. Good evening
Why not make your own discussion? I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't do it.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah I do make mine as well. Thanks for your views. Good evening
@HAPPSINGH Good Morning now friend..it is Sunday morning here.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@TiarasOceanView Great, hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Good evening now at your place
@Mass_Sonu (1245)
@HAPPSINGH What is this 'highjacking' of discussions?
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Hijacking means , if you put a discussion and some one (most probably me) tries to respond to all your respondents like i am the Author of that discussion, So the million dollar question is" Do you mind"
@Mass_Sonu (1245)
@HAPPSINGH Doesn't matter if I mind, right? Anyways, no issues as long as the subject matter of discussion remains the same...
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@Mass_Sonu LOL, no it will matter if you mind. may be not
@manasamanu (2702)
I would love to do it too. I am doing good.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@manasamanu That's pretty nice. have a great day ahead
@HAPPSINGH Thank you
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@manasamanu had dinner?
It's not stated in the guidelines that this is against the rules, but I know that many users are very unhappy when someone does this, be careful.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah thanks, i will surely be a bit more careful now. Do you mind?
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@LadyDuck Great, thanks. Feeling better now?
@HAPPSINGH I feel a little better thanks. About the comments, there is anyway a specific mention in the guidelines: Discussions, responses or comments that offer little or no value - Answers like "I don't know" or "I don't care" help no one and will be removed. Those are NOT allowed, better be careful.
@IreneVincent (12823)
If someone doesn't want their response to be seen, they can private message their response. Otherwise, it's out there for all to see and to respond to if they should desire to do so. That's what I think.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah you are right. Good morning, how's you doing today?
@HAPPSINGH I use the Private Message option from time to time. I think it's wise to do that if you don't want others to make comments about what you have to say.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@IreneVincent yeah its good way for sure
I don't mind it that much. If I do, I just do not respond.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Great, thanks for your views. Hows you doing today? Good evening
@HAPPSINGH A good day here.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
@Corbin5 very nice, have a great Saturday
@marsha32 (6558)
I didn't really get what you meant by hijacking until I read the comments. It seems a lot of people hop in and say hi to someone else who has commented etc in discussions over an actual reply to that person's comment, or even a legitimate comment on the actual post. I would say doing so is really only to pump up your earnings (even though it also helps the person you are replying to) and would be frowned upon by both myLot and other users.
@HAPPSINGH (82380)
Yeah you are right, thanks