Rode hard and put away wet

Some of your minds are going in the wrong directions with that title.....Ha Ha....but the truth is, it's the truth. Between popping in here to cool off I mowed the front yard and it's hot. I was sweating like a pig on a spit. Grass and bugs were sticking to me and the poor tractor was looking pitiful. Since the grass was damp it stuck to all kinds of places on the tractor and on me! So it was rode hard and then it was hosed down and put away wet. Filled with gas and ready for the next cut. I will take mowing on a tractor any day over running the vacuum cleaner! Photo is mine.
I agree with that last statement, now if only they'd make a vac that could be ridden
Now why not invent one!!!! That's a darn good idea!
Yeah but somehow I get the feelin someone already did but it wouldn't maneuver through the doors and such plus what would people with steps do @AbbyGreenhill ?
@rebelann Only good for one story homes and very few walls.
@Gillygirl (14727)
• Sutton, England
I want one of those mowers but with a garden 120 feet long it wouldn't be worth it. A vacuum cleaner I could sit on would be very good.
We have 8 acres, which is less than our last home which had 10 - so a riding mower is a necessity not a toy LOL!
@Gillygirl (14727)
• Sutton, England
@AbbyGreenhill I would love to ride around 8 acres on your mower. LOL!
@Gillygirl It gets rough crossing the pond in it - and I mean the pond in the backyard not the 'big pond......
• Pamplona, Spain
We do not have enough grass yet but we are getting there. Last year it was all a sea of mud most of the year round much to the joy of our dog.
We have lots want some???
Being in the great outdoors definitely is better than vacuuming indoors. My husband mowed, and clumps of wet grass are on the patio and in the garage too. Took me a while to get rid of those clumps.
I know I responded to this comment earlier, I wonder where it went LOL? My husband always cleans up with the blower, especially after I mow.
She is a beauty! I will take the mower over a vacuum too! I need to take a photo of my baby too
Thanks, my husband is a Cub fan (not the baseball team). It has features others don't...including John Deere.
I am not sure if I prefer to mow or to vacuum. What I hate is to clean the mower after I have finished mowing.
I don't clean it - that's his job thank goodness. I wouldn't know how to start his blower and it is extremely heavy. And sharpening the blades - he does that after every few times he mows.
@AbbyGreenhill This is what I do after a few times. Now I know that I should replace the oil, I have to check the instructions how to do this. If I cannot understand I call the gardener.
@HazySue (13886)
My mind certainly did go in the wrong direction. I would rather mow than vacuum. The only problem I have is getting my husband to let me. Once he gets started he won't get off the mower.
As long as the pool isn't open I will beat him to the mower -that frees him to weed eat or do other things. Once the pool is open he can have the mower all to himself.
@HazySue (13886)
@AbbyGreenhill I hear that. I'd rather be in the pool than on the lawn.
My mind.at my age do not thinks so.On a second note.LOL.Good for you cowboy.mow away.But you get more workout with the vacuum cleaner.
My husband does the vacuuming.... Always has.
@AbbyGreenhill Okay.This is better than mowing.
What a wild ride you had on that mower. Vacuuming would be very boring.
The swallowes were out and chasing me around so had to shoo the away a few times.
Ive never mowed but vaccuming isnt hard work. So id rather vaccum i guess.
Mowing is so much more fun, plus its outside!
I much prefer to work outside than inside also. I guess you couldn't wait for the grass to be dry?
It was close to dry and by the time I got 10 or so rows done it was all dry...I was the wet LOL.
@nanette64 (11257)
• Fairfield, Texas
I finally got my riding mower back after the guy had it for 2 YEARS and he still didn't fix the motor @AbbyGreenhill . So I called another guy and asked him if he just wanted it for the parts and he said no. I'm gonna try going on the local radio station and see if anybody wants it for the parts.
Someone will want it for free I'm sure.
@nanette64 (11257)
• Fairfield, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill The key word being 'free'.
It looks quite comfortable.
I love riding the tractor, it makes be feel 'powerful'!!!
@FayeHazel (7197)
I agree, mowing over vacuum! lol
Thanks, I thought I was the only one!!!!!
@LeaPea2417 (11812)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I don't mind vacuuming. Anything with cutting the grass is too much for me. We don't have a lawn tractor, just a push behind. My husband or son cuts it. If it were not for them, I would have to pay someone to cut the grass.
@CRK109 (14453)
I've never been able to mow with a tractor. I'm sure I would agree with you about the vacuum!