Getting From A To Z: J Is For Job

@KrauseHome (31742)
Yes, the dreaded J . O, B. Something that as an adult we are expected to go and hold down even if it is something we hate. Many times we do it just to be able to survive, and many times it causes a lot of undo stress. There are some of us who will never be able to hold a real 9 to 5 job again due to age or physical disabilities, but that should never stop us from the thoughts of wanting to earn some extra money. With so many ways to earn some extra $$ people many times can earn more this way than working a regular job. Are you working right now, and is it worth it? Are you working online, offline or both?
I work online and offline - but at home. I wouldn't be able to make it on what I get online - but I could if I really needed to.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Well, my amount of $$ that I make online has varied. At times with all of the different things that I do, it would be enough to live off of, and at other times there would be no way. But due to my Health right now that is playing a Big part for sure.
I am a retired teacher, and I do not need a job, thank goodness. However, we live far belong our means and have always been very careful with our money, so we are good. Glad there are online earnings available to many who need extra cash.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Yes, there are so many different ways online to earn some extra income if you need some. Just takes some time investment as well as $$ many times as well.
I am retired and love it that way.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Well, if I was able to make it off just my husbands income and my SSD it would be a lot easier, and then I would not have to try so hard online and offline to make some extra $$ all the time. Glad for the resources being there.
@mom210 (5733)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I am not working but I am struggling with should I. Our finances are very tight, I thought about grabbing something a few hours a week.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Yes, it all depends on what you are looking for that seems to be the Best fit for you. I can't work for anyone else due to my Health so I continue to find places where I can make some elsewhere.
@mom210 (5733)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@KrauseHome Yes, my time is very limited, I hate to tie myself up with one more thing. Hubby works very long hours so everything fall to me with the kids & house. I hate to think what the house will look like with me not around.
I don't hold a job. I am a stay at home mom. That is a lot of work but it doesn't really pay. Right now we are looking for a new home to buy so I am online a lot trying to help with the down payment. Houses are so so expensive where we are looking to live. I hope that if I work hard enough now I can relax and spend quality time with my kids for many years to come in our new home. Im so worried about how a huge house payment is going to effect us if I don't work hard now though.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Well, we thought we were set when we bought this house. There have been some setbacks, but God is good. Talk it over with your husband and come up with a plan before you buy the home that will benefit and work best for you.
I am teaching online. I think it is worth to earn money as compared to my previous regular jobs.
@KrauseHome (31742)
I know a lot of people do this. For me I have no idea where to look and see if there is something that I am interested in.
@KrauseHome I still like writing more than anything else. However, it is too difficult to find a good writing site.
I'm a retired teacher, special education teacher, and professor. I loved my career and it was worth every moment.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Being a teacher would have been interesting. I think back in the day it would have been easier teaching kids than it is now
@KrauseHome It was when I first started.
Right now I am only working online, I also do daycare for my sister but it is often times unpaid.
@KrauseHome (31742)
I am sure there are benefits when you watch your sisters kids, as in a Free meal she has cooked, or just being able to spend some time with the kids. I feel with kids, especially family, it should not always be just about the money.
@OreoBrownie (3331)
• Winder, Georgia
No I don't work. I used to work as an independent contractor as a writer. That brought me enough money to cover my part of the rent. I can't do it anymore and I miss the income.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Sad you cannot do this anymore. I would Love to also take on an Independent Contractor when it comes to Writing, but so far have not found anything that peaks my interest enough.
@smruti99 (14)
Yes i am working.I am working towards acquiring skills which could give me JOB which i will LOVE to do.Its not worthy to work on things just for money.We can look beyond it.Lets work for acquiring jobs that will entice our souls.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Good one there. That is why I am doing my own business, and prefer it this way.
For forty years I worked a full time job and had several businesses that I did. When you are raising six children you need to have money to take care of the children and their needs. When the computer became popular I discovered ebay, and other sites to make money from.
@KrauseHome (31742)
Wow., and to think now a days, most people are lucky if they can handle one job and raise kids. You should be a huge inspiration for those who are wanting to achieve.
@prinzcy (5095)
I have an offline job. Been at the same one for more than two years now. As for online job, I can't be really active at it as the offline one took most of my time. I also write a novel, which is my second priority. That's why I can only concentrate on mylot for my online work.
I am a substitute teacher. I mystery shop for a sideline. I don't think I have any talents for an online job since I am not intetested in sales.
@Basilo (599)
not working, looking for jobs and doing online ones for the time being