LMR* (9): Are We Really Living In The End Time? Is There Such A Thing As End Time?

Guam
My "born again" friend just told me that we are now living in the endtime since according to this friend of mine: "There are now so many false prophets all around us; we hear of wars and rumors of wars and that nation is rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom and that there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places." Well, what I know is that there were so many persons and doomsayers making predictions in the past that on such and such date the end of the world will truely come. But the world did not come to an end and this old world keeps on turning on and on. What do you think? Is there such a thing as the end of the world? And are we really living in the end time? *Losing My Religion Picture credit: http://endtimealert.blogspot.co.nz/2015_09_01_archive.html
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
At least three groups have been banned in different parts of the world, with Jehovah's Witnesses being banned in Russia just this week. Their property is being confiscated. We certainly are not moving toward the beginning, so we must be getting closer to the end @megatron777
• Guam
@PatZAnthony It makes a sound logic that beginning and end thing.
@theBlock (2486)
@megatron777 I'm-not-sure,,but-as-long-as-there-are-nuclear-weapons---there-may-be-the-end-of-"us."
• Guam
@theBlock Yes my friend. That's what I'm afraid of too.
@1creekgirl (8344)
Yes, the Bible tells about the end of this world as we know it, but it also says that no one knows the exact date Jesus is coming back for his believers. The important thing is to be ready.
• Guam
@1creekgirl Vigilance is the eternal price of salvation? Are there any counter-part idea about the end time in other religion outside of the Christian Faith?
@megatron777 There probably are stories about the end of time in other religions.
@FourWalls (9520)
@megatron777 -- Christianity does not have the market cornered on eschatology. Muslims believe that their messiah is coming to destroy the Jews and make everything an Islamic paradise. Jews believe the Messiah will come when either the world is righteous and ready to receive him, or when the world is totally depraved (of course, the various divisions of Judaism are divided over a literal messiah or a "messianic age"). And ask three Christians what they believe about the subject and you'll get four different answers.
• Denmark
There must be a list somewhere on the net of all the predicted ends of the world which didn't happen. Of course, the earth as we know it will have an end. Ask an astrophysicist. But that won't happen during your or your friend's life.
I don't believe you can accurately predict that the end won't come in someone's lifetime. No one knows the date...it could be this year.
• Guam
@MALUSE It's good to know that it wouldn't happen soon in our life time.
• Guam
@1creekgirl I hope it will not be like the movie: Coming Soon!
@dragon54u (31298)
Eventually it will end, everything does. Mankind will fade away. Every generation has said it is living in the end times. They think the world is so wicked and can't get any worse but it always does. No one knows when the time will come but I'm pretty sure the doomsayers always have it wrong!
• Guam
Another good observation. Thank you.
@ShifaLk (7313)
Yes end will come but nobody knows except the Father (LORD)
• Guam
@ShifaLk Ok my friend. See you later.
@ShifaLk (7313)
@megatron777 see ya :)
We are nearing the end, but we're not there yet. Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) (KJV) The first is taking place now, the second hasn't happened yet, but I understand all the building materials have been gathered and they are ready to rebuild Solomon's Temple, which will be in place with the abomination - a pig sacrificed on the altar - taking place. Then the end will happen. It's getting close.
• Guam
@just4him Thank you for that my friend.
@megatron777 You're welcome.
@manasamanu (3756)
• Bangalore, India
Everything that is born has to die one day, in the same manner the world too. Its not yet time now, but soon it will if these wars keep going on. This is a threat to the human kind and also a warning. A warning to save ourselves from being extinct. We have to stop fighting and learn to live with harmony. Don't worry the world will not end so soon, there is still a lot of things for us to do here.
• Guam
@manasamanu Yes you are right. So many things that human civilization can do towards greater heights.
• Bangalore, India
@megatron777 The technology is growing, the human life is evolving and there is a lot happening from exploring mars to inventing a new planet.
• Lakewood, Colorado
The way things are right now in the world, I would not be surprised if this was the end times. I never paid attention to this much, but just through observation of the political climate, I feel there is a possibility. I know that mankind is a big factor as far as this goes. I feel we would have a good few years left if it was up to nature though.
• Guam
@TiarasOceanView You may be right on this. I hope there will be no madman out there pushing the nuclear botton.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@megatron777 I hope so too, how frightening. But I am ready.
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
It can be the end of times. People are so barbaric now sometimes killing someone with no apparent reason. Religion is losing its value. There are so many false prophets and clerics spreading the wrong message. Misinterpreting whatever is written in the book
• Guam
@Nawsheen You may be right on your insight and obsevation my friend.
@xstitcher (9928)
• Petaluma, California
There are indeed many signs of the end time around--but only God knows when Jesus will return.
• Guam
@xstitcher That's for sure.
I don't believe in that, but do believe that man will kill man with wars.
• Guam
@DianneN That is really possible my friend.
@shynu44 (3218)
Global warming is real and it may consume the planet many years from now.
• Guam
That's a great probability based on what's going on now to Mother Earth.