What a great phone call

@Trensue (5253)
In order for you to understand there must be a little background. I am my husbands 2nd wife. He had been divorced for a long time before we met. His children were adults by the time we got married. One of his sons was worried that I would replace his Mom as Grandma when he had children. We live much closer than his mother does. So when he started having children he explained that he didn't want them calling me Grandma or an cutesy name that meant Grandma. I said great, let's just use my name because that is what Grandpa calls me. It has been 8 years. Today he heard his son explaining to one of his friends the situation. I have two grandma's one of them is my Dad's mom and so she is my Grandma because she is related to us and our other Grandma is "Trensue"(not my real name - but won't put it here) she is our Grandma because she loves us. He called me to say that he had probably done both "Grandmas" a disservice. I said, maybe you should make sure he understands that everyone loves him equally. I have to admit, it did warm my heart that he knows I am his Grandma just because I love him.
@dragon54u (31638)
Children will always see the truth! They have not been polluted with jealousy and hatred and emotional competition. It's a great testament to the kind of parent your stepson is that the child is 8 and is still innocent and loving. I'm so glad you got to hear that! What a great guy your stepson must be to be able to admit his mistakes. That is rare, indeed.
@Trensue (5253)
I am not sure it was a mistake. I understand that he wanted to protect his mom. I wish he understood that I didn't mean to take anything away from her.
@dragon54u (31638)
@Trensue Wisdom and understanding come with age. You know he was just doing what he thought best. I think everyone will now have a more rewarding relationship. I think it's fantastic that you can marry a man you love with grown children and earn the respect of those children. They must truly love their dad and want him to be happy. Have you met the ex wife? My ex and his wife have a good relationship, it makes life so much easier. Although her sons are very strange and we are not close.
@Trensue (5253)
@dragon54u I met her. I am not real fond of her. She insists on being between my husband and I physically, whenever we are there together. It annoys me. She has to sit inbetween us and often holds his hand. She has been married 3 times since him though. I try to be pleasant and keep our time together short.
What a wonderful thing to hear! Kids really are so perceptive.
@Trensue (5253)
Children are often more perceptive than we give them credit for.
@Trensue absolutely
Awe , that is so heartwarming.
@Trensue (5253)
It made me smile.
Children feel and recognize love right away. If we could see things through their eyes life would be less complicated.
@Nawsheen (22955)
• Mauritius
This is so nice to hear. You must have felt so happy at that moment
I smiled reading it...that is sweet. The children should be allowed to call you whatever they choose to. I have two step grandchildren who call me Grammie and I love it. It always makes me feel me good.