One Item Can Make A Room Look New

Sometimes all it takes is a new item or two to refresh the house. We have a new bookcase in place of the old one and it really does look nice. I would also like to replace the old foot stool and get a new one. It only takes one item to make a room look more up to date. And it doesn’t have to cost a lot. New pillows or a new lamp can do the trick. One or two small updates a year is what I usually do.
@valmnz (12770)
• New Zealand
I do wish my bookcase was bigger, but there's be nowhere to put it! I have a problem that when I get something new everything else looks old and in and of replacement as well.
@louievill (18388)
Maybe sometimes it's because the new item hides areas that needs repainting either that or it draws the eyes and attention towards a particular unique object, just my observation.
I wish I had a bookcase with doors - that way I wouldn't have to dust everything that is inside LOL!
Yes it is funny how one little thing can change the whole look of a room!
@dodo19 (32569)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It is true. One item can make a room feel different. I'd never really thought of it before, but now that I do, I have to agree. Sometimes, all it takes is one item to make a room feel different.
@PainsOnSlate (20234)
our sun room is now open for the summer, the hubs put his small TV out there so i know where he will be for the summer.. Just a TV changes the whole look of the sun porch... I've been giving things away, my son took a recliner i never used and I'm thinking I might need something in that space.
It's nice to freshen up the look of a room