Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 227 Proverbs 21:10 Proverbs 21:10 The soul of the wicked desires evil: his neighbor finds no favor in his eyes. 11 When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge. 12 The righteous man wisely considers the house of the wicked: but God overthrows the wicked for their wickedness. You encounter people every day. It doesn’t take long to discern whether the chance meeting will prove favorable or not. As soon as a person opens his mouth, his intentions are obvious, whether they be good or evil. Solomon was a man in a position of authority. He encountered all types of people daily. He saw how people interacted with one another. He saw what happened when people either accepted or rejected instruction or discipline, and though the intentions of a righteous person who trusts God in everything sets out to reason with a wicked person, God said he would take care of the wicked. As Christians, you are to discern whether a person is teachable or whether that person will scorn you and treat you with disrespect. God gave you the Holy Spirit to provide that discernment. He also gives you the wisdom to know when to advance or walk away from people. 1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these works that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. Your gifts come from the Holy Spirit to be used daily, so you will know the will of God, and be able to discern the types of people you meet daily. Let God take care of the wicked, while you fulfill God’s purpose in your life. Let’s pray: Father, give me a teachable spirit, one who seeks to understand the purpose you have for me. Lead me to other teachable people and allow you to take care of those who aren’t. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 24 April 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
These are important gifts to have. Thanks for the message.
You're welcome.
@Dena91 (3479)
I would have to say in the top 5 pet peeves of mine is unteachable people. There is something about someone with that attitude that makes me want to scream. Good post. Have a blessed day
God says he will take care of the unteachable ones. Yes, it is annoying, so now I will need to just let God handle those ones. You also have a blessed day.