Great expectations

@sallypup (20700)
Moses Lake, Washington
Last Friday I headed West, wondering what I'd do all weekend: lunch on Saturday with poets sounded wonderful but do WHAT?? with all those other hours? I looked at Sally pup as she sat in the passenger seat. She didn't give me any suggestions. First up: found a place to park in touristy Leavenworth. We window shopped for a few minutes. I found out that my left knee now wants to cave when I walk down a steep slope. Fair warning. On the way into the town where we'd motel, I snooped around until I found a friend that knew me and knows me from a life time ago. How eerie to hear details about me from when I was a kid of twenty. And how glad I was to visit with her and her sister. That's what Sally and I did this weekend: we visited and talked with glorious parks and wow! waterways. Then we visited with humans that I hadn't talked with in a life time. Very pleasant and a wake up to my soul. Breakfast and a woods walk with a lovely and gracious human sent us off East toward the mountain pass and home. Now to tell my achy legs that they will be okay.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sounds a lovely time Lenore. How nice to have those memories brought back with good friends. I am sorry your knee was hurting. Sounds like you saw some nice scenery too.
@sallypup (20700)
• Moses Lake, Washington
TiarasOceanView Good to hear from you. My left knee cap was injured years ago. Its getting worse. Tall firs and waterfalls: lovely scenery for sure.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sallypup Good to see you on too Lenore.
sounds like you and Sally had a great time
@sallypup (20700)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@chrisbergstrom We did for sure.
@sallypup That is great!!
A lovely time had by you and Sally Pup!!! Well worth the achy legs.
@sallypup (20700)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I agree. The place was like a Tolkein fantasy. Just had to walk, to explore. Had to check out the old haunts.
@PainsOnSlate (19021)
I love it when the opportunity to meet up with old friends is available. So may friends left behind and I would like to run into again.. A few are connected with internet but its not the same as face to face.
@sallypup (20700)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@PainsOnSlate I am guilty of driving by and not bothering to stop and visit. The one friend is quite ill. I am glad I finally stopped and visited.
• Portland, Connecticut
Sounds like a lovely way to get away for a weekend.
@sallypup (20700)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr The area I visited in is a green pocket crammed with heavenly parks.