Survivor's Guilt ~ Part Two

Boise, Idaho
With road conditions and the front end problem this caused the car to swerve and it went off the road and crashed. Luckily a neighbor saw the crash and called 911. I had been thrown from the car. Mark was still setting in the driver's seat. He had gotten what is called a brain stem injury from the metal around the rag top of the Stingray. I have a head injury and am bandaged up at the hospital. Mark laid in a coma. His parent's were so nice they let me be in the room with them. They had adopted Mark and they were lovely people. Mark was in a coma for nine days. Then he had a cardiac arrest and died. His parents invited me into their home for dinner the night prior to his funeral. I made comment about a picture of Mark and his father let me take it home. I slept with it under my pillow that night. I remember I had gotten him a bouquet of carnations for the funeral. A pink one and a blue one in the middle. I was in daze for weeks afterward. I had a lovely long wool coat I couldn't wear anymore because I saw the blood on it after the accident and no amount of cleaning would make it wearable for me. I went through a long period of survivor's guilt. He was such a cool character. What would/could he have done with his life? Later I realized that I was left on this earth for a reason. I have to carry on with that in mind. I still think of Mark from time to time. I wonder what could have been.
So sorry about the loss of Mark. This sounds very sad and devastating to you friend. How long ago was this?
It was in the mid 70's.
@celticeagle Did you get a concussion from this Celtic? I bet so.
I am so sorry for your loss
Thank you. That was a long time ago.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I had a feeling it was not going to end well. This is so sad, I am so sorry you had to go through such a thing. What a terrible experience
It was a bad time.
@manasamanu (3753)
• Bangalore, India
It is so hard to lose someone special in life. You must be lucky that you survived the crash, yet lost a dear friend. As you said you were left here for some reason, so don't worry he will always be in you memories and heart.
I will always have his memory.
Oh no. I'm so sorry you had an accident and lost a friend. And that you have survivors guilt. Im sure that is hard to deal with. But you are here for a reason.
Yes, I have come to realize that.