Memory Of I Never PromisedYou a Rose Garden book by Joamne Greenbeg 1964

Garden Grove, California
Long time back I met a lady who worked her way from insanity back to sanity who was a mylotter. Her therapist told her Life n ever promised us a rose garden but she could now start to grow one own her own.She wrote a book by the namee I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, The book was really a fantastic account of regaining her sanity. I got confused as she told how her therapist kept telling her I never promised you a rose garden so Joanne Green berg in w964 wrote her book and titled it I Never Promised You A Rose Garden One original post and graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 2017
• Pamplona, Spain
So glad that she recovered from her illness. Took courage to write about it also. Very brave lady.
it was s o i nteresting and s he kept crediting this therapist all the way though it
• Pamplona, Spain
@Hatley There are some really great Therapists out there for sure. They can recover from that if they take the Medication that some need to take. I know some recover without it.
@dragon54u (31636)
That sounds like a fascinating book, I would like to read it. I can't get any search results on it, though, was it every published as a book or just as an e book?
that I do not know as she fed us pieces of the book she said in her posts. wilsh I could' remember her name.I have done a search andf found the information Joanne Greenberg in 1964 published her book using the term her therapist always told her as title. I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
@Hatley Joanne Greenberg wrote it and it was published in 1964 and some other person added to it years later and ilt was republished as JOamnes account of her years as having schizophrenia and being' cured. LI knew it was way back there'as I had two toddlers at the' tme I read it and my hubby also read it.
@xFiacre (5231)
@hatley The song by that name sung by Lyn Anderson, recently deceased, was part of the background music on a trip I made with my parents in 1970 through much of southern Africa and then by small boat to Australia.
tjats really interesting to know that there is also a song by that name. the book i really very moving I bet the song is too