Books you have read and liked can you suggest?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hi to everybody in my lot land, I have been stuck in a rut of rereading culinary mysteries rereading older ones of each series that I read in the past and forgot them. Now I am reading a serious mystery call "Before the fall" by Noah Hawley. I didn't pick this out myself as it is for my Book Club on Saturday. It is a great book. So, I am wondering what my lotters are reading or read and remember it to be particularly good? Can anybody sugest a book i will enjoy? I will also give a book my book club leader suggested "A man called ove" I am going to read it soon I have it available to me from an online book club called Playster. Thank you for any suggestion!
Now you would need to check but the book it something like A boy called it. it's a true story of abuse that one boy had suffered at the hands of his mom. His brother also wrote a book saying that there was no abuse. That book will forever be fresh in my mind. I could barely put it down. I could not ever imagine anyone living to tell that story. I found it at the library.
@sharon6345 Thank you for the suggestion. I will tell my friends in the library about it and see if they can name the book. I will try to look it up on my Kindle and see if I find anything like that.
@Marty1 Yes that should be very close to what it is called. or a boy named it. Something like that. good luck.
@sharon6345 I think it may be A Child Called It. I also read it many years ago.
Are you just into mysteries?
@celticeagle I somehow fell into the rut of mysteries. I like most any kind of book, or if iI haven't read one of the genres, then I am willing to try it.I really love all books
@Marty1 .....The ones I know are old, not new ones. Like White Oriander. I enjoyed reading it. The author's style was neat. I will try to think of others.
@celticeagle They don't have to be new books! I don't read too my newer books with the exception the books I order for book club
@xFiacre (6630)
@marty1 Pietro Grossi's "Fists" is brilliant.
@xFiacre Thank you so much! I am excited a totally new author to me! I am writing it down in a second!
@xFiacre (6630)
@Marty1 he's Italian but his stuff has been translated. He's quite exciting - for me anyway.
@xFiacre i am excited to try him as I think a book by somebody I never heard of on my reading list
Sorry but I don't really like to recommend books as we all have our different genres that we love. For me, it is a lot of history.
@matlina No problem I understand. I am just confused wit what I want to read. I feel like it is a waste of time reading mysteries that sometimes eventually end up a bit "silly" but I enjoy them so much. But feel as if other readers are looking down at me for reading them
I have not heard of the series you are reading now @Marty1 but I have probably read something similar. Right now I am juggling three fascinating books, all non-fiction and of various genres. The one still left over from last month is called The Black Calhouns written by Lena Horne's granddaughter about the black persons experience through slavery, Civil war, Emancipation, Civil rights and of course the Entertainment industry; the second is The Presidents and UFO's : A Secret History from FDR to Obama written by Larry Holcombe and The Mystery of the SHEMITAH: The 3,000-Year old Mystery by Jonathan Cahn . . . all are very good for making the mind step out of its prison
@enlightenedpsych2 I think they all sound good. Especially the Presidents and UFO's as I am a big fan of reading about the subject. I think President and UFO's would be an interesting look on te subject! The rest of the books sound great going to look for all them in the library!
@enlightenedpsych2 forgot the question I wanted to ask, What do you mean the mind has to step out of its prison?
@Marty1 let me know when you find those books, read them and tell us what you think !
• Tirgu Mures, Romania
Have you read "Me before you"?
@Dianneandreea Thank you for the suggestion. Have I heard of "me before you" But no i have not read it as I have been focusing on culinary mysteries? i will look this book up on my book clubs as I should find it on one of them as I have four different clubs
• Tirgu Mures, Romania
@Marty1 You can also watch the movie. You will love it
@DianaAndreea I am going to read it for sure! Does the movie ruin the book with the movie is written?
One of my favorite books was "When the Wind Blows" by James Patterson.
@tampa_girl7 Thank you for your suggestion! This looks like one that i really good as have read one of his books Merry Christmas Alex Cross. I enjoyed it very much. I understand that Patterson writes with other authors sometimes Is this one of those books?
I have been reading James Baldwin books.This is not for everyone.But I enjoy his writing.
@amadeo The name sounds familiar. I will have to try him. I won't know if he is one I enjoy until I try a book! Thank you so much for the suggestion!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
There are a couple books that I have read this year that you might enjoy. "A Land Remebered" by Patrick D Smith was good. Also "Gold" by Chris Cleave
@thislittlepennyearns Thank you for the suggestions! I wrote these two books down so I can try them.
@megatron777 (3815)
• Guam
What's the name of your book club? I'm not sure about what particular genre is your point of interest. I just re-read "The Little Prince" by Antoine De Saint Exupery. I hope you had read this book before.
@megatron777 I am sorry i have not read the little prince I don't know why I have not read so many books when others suggest them. No name for book club just book club But there is no particular kind of book we read. Anybody can suggest a book and the leader will consider it