Why so much expectation from girls?

By RK
@ragikutty (2462)
Kerala, India
I mean that is really horrible. Once a girl gets married, everyone expects her to do stuffs differently from the next day like switching on a switch. She gotta wake up early next morning, start cooking for a whole new family like the way it's done in that home all these years, do things their way and to the point she needs permission from each family members before going to visit her parents? Holy hell! Almost all girls I knew who used to wake up at 8 or 9 am even a day before marriage, who have never made even a tea for herself, who waited lying down in sofa waiting for her mom to bring her food; they all got scolded by their own parents (not in laws) for not doing all these things. Seriously? Who is to be blamed here? Parents or the girls or the traditions?
@Slayqueen (945)
I am not saying that it's wrong.. it's just that everyone has a particular duty to perform. Girls do all the household work and boys have to make money.. and it's your choice you want to do all your chores or not. You can always skip them or just hire a maid.. ofcourse your parents will scold you for not doing anything but you can always ignore and keep your interests first.. but boys don't have any other choice but to work.. they'll? have to work all their life to fulfill the needs of their family.. life is equally hard for everyone ..
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
It's not about me. I had no such issues as my mother in law also wakes up late and so do my sister in laws. And we all do work together. But I have heard many elders like my aunties complaining about their daughters as well as their daughter in laws.
@ragikutty no no.. I didn't say that it was for you.. I used "you" for every girl out there..and aunties don't have anything but to gossip.. I read this quote on Facebook which seems so accurate to me.. "You can lay in ground and let people walk all over you and they'll say you're not flat"
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
@Slayqueen that quote is so true! And these elders have nothing else to do
I think tradition is to blame in this one. Those traditions needed to be abandoned regarding girls who marry since that tradition is one of abuse.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
It's really sad in this current period, girls are still expected to follow the tradition
Glad I don't live where you do!
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
Don't girls there need to do any of this?
@ragikutty women in my country are free to go where they want when they want. Sure they cook and clean but so do the husbands. Just like the women can work as well.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
@NJChicaa That should've been how it work. If girl can do office and house works, so should boys.
@SAM774 (3213)
firstly tradition. then those parents and then, of course, all those who accepted the tradition and followed it without protesting .... why rules are only for girls .... why can't it be both .
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
That is true. None is really protesting
@SAM774 (3213)
@ragikutty exactly ... and that's the worst part . and most of the conservative elders will say this is the rule girl should do this ... no this is not the rule.... this is 21st-century equality is the rule....