How I once celebrated William Shakespear's birthday on April 26: my story of the celebration

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Happy birthday William Shakespear! It was 451 years ago he was born and changed the world of literature! When I went to college more than 20 years ago, I, as I have mentioned on My lot before, that i majored in Literature . I took all my electives in literature classes. There was once a Shakespeare class that was really hard to get a seat as it was one period class and offered only in January's semester. I tried many January's tp try and get a seat, but my mom couldn't get me to the school until after the class was filled. Once my sister took me right after they opened and I got the last class seat ad it was only 8:15 in the morning. In that class, we celebrated Shakespear's birth on April 26 with a birthday party. We had a cake after singing Happy Birthday! Did you ever celebrate the birthday of a person who was famous but has passed away?
NO I do not.
Glad you were able to celebrate Shakespeare's birthday with your classmates!!! I don't believe I have ever celebrated the birthday of a person of fame who had passed.
@corbin5 It was my first time, also! I think about those that I know their birthday's! But don't celebrate!
@dragon54u (31607)
That sounds like fun! And he deserves a celebration, he brought so much entertainment to the world. I don't generally celebrate birthdays of those who have passed away..the exception, of course, is Christmas.
@dragon54u i usually don't celebrate hi birthday but saw something online today about it being the day, and i remembered m story and wanted to share it!
@ridingbet (47049)
i think William Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet, am i right?
@RIDINGBET Yes, he wrote Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth and The tempest which is my favorite work by him!
@ridingbet (47049)
@Marty1 i watched the original movie of Romeo and Juliet with Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting, then the movie that starred Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. the original is always the best
@ridingbet I can believe it because Hollywood used to be better back in the 30's and 40's as compared to modern day Hollywood.
That is very interesting and no i have not.
@happy2beme I don't think most people do, Just those of us in this class
@Gabugs (1767)
Wow! @Marty1 It looks like we have something in common. I too had taken up Eng. Literature in college and studied Shakespeare. I loved the theater and had seen a few plays. If interested, I can send you some links or look them up on you tube.
@GABUGS I would love some links if you have the time and don't mind?
@Gabugs (1767)
@Marty1 O.K. I'll try to figure out how as there are several. Have an email or here???
@Gabugs YOur choice but only if it is too much?
@RubyHawk (21699)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No, I never have but it sounds a fun thing to do, especially with cake and ice cream and friends to celebrate.
@RUBYHAWK Yes, it was a nice class!
@RubyHawk (21699)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 Most things are fun when you have good friends around.
@RubyHawk I agree. I worshiped the lady who was our teacher most of my electives were literature classes with her as I signed up for almost all her classes.
@ShifaLk (7497)
Wow...
No, I never celebrated the birthday of someone famous.
@kobesbuddy (40798)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 Hey, we celebrate Jesus's Birthday, every December 25th at the Christmas holiday! lol
@Kuttu_007 (1078)
Yes...in India we celebrate the birthday of Gandhi, swami Vivekananda, Jawaharlal Nehru etc..