Good Morning myLot - 3:15 AM April 27, 2017 - Instant Coughee Moment

By JJ
...and immediately after writing the title I had to stop to let Scar back in and 'top off' the food bowl. There was plenty of food in it...but he has this habit of wanting it 'freshened up' before he'll eat. And rather than listen to five minutes of complaints, I just do it and get it over with. Rotten brat. So I am out of the 'good' coughee until Monday when I get paid again, stuck drinking the instant that I keep as an 'emergency reserve'. *shudders* And to think this used to be all I drank. (deletes small rant about over-posting) Not gonna go there right now, wouldn't make any difference anyway. *stops to let Scar back out* Dang...it's taken me 10 minutes to write this and I haven't really said anything. *inserts plea for money to be sent to SomeGuyTyping@InHisBed.Room* I hate being this broke. *stops to let Scar back in* It started raining again, he hates that. Oh well...I'm almost out of everything, but I have my emergency stock of ramen noodles to fall back on so I won't starve. "If life is like a bowl of cherries, what am I doing in the pits?" - Erma Bombeck *raises coughee cup* SA-LUTE!!!
Cats want their bowl of food to the top because they do not like their whiskers touching the side of the bowl.. I read that in a magazine somewhere. Scar is so cute he should get his way.
Doesn't stop him from almost emptying it when I am not here.
@tzwrites (3037)
Really? Maybe then we should feed them on the floor, not on a bowl. I noticed my cats like to eat off the floor...
Good morning. I think that we all hit tough times like that, at least Scar seems unaffected. Believe it or not, our son chooses to drink instant coffee on a regular basis. Truth be known, he drinks it all day long, and its easier to limit himself if he makes it by the cup as opposed to by the pot. Ugh, I think that I'd find a better way to limit myself before I'd go there.
Even with ground coughee I only make a cup at a time. I've found if I make a full pot my coughee maker will scorch it before I can drink it all.
@JolietJake You should try doubling up your paper filters, it might help. Hey good news....my hubs starts a new job today, quit the other that brought us up here.
@Juliaacv Decided he didn't like it or?
But Scar will get his best fill money or no money - I like that
I always make sure I have plenty set aside for him. Besides, he doesn't like ramen.
@JolietJake Our little girl loves pedigree but she loses her coat terribly if she eats that. You never know Scar may like ramen. Have you tried giving it to him?.
@allknowing Yes, he won't touch it.
@nanette64 (11951)
• Fairfield, Texas
I feel ya big guy, I feel ya. Life sucks big hairy donkey weiners in my opinion @JolietJake .
Life is like a s*** sandwich...the more bread ya got, the less s*** you have to eat.
@nanette64 (11951)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JolietJake Boy ain't that the truth.
• Lakewood, Colorado
It just gives you more character being broke JJ.
I've been told I am a heck of a character
• Lakewood, Colorado
@JolietJake I think so.
Willy the cat does not eat until I take the bowl, move the food inside and add a little bit of fresh food. I wonder why I am spoiling him so much, he is not even my cat, but he thinks I am his "human".
But...but...you are his hoomin
@JolietJake You are right and our home is "HIS" home.
Silly hoomin, you exist merely to serve his royal being.
I know that...you know that...HE knows that...so what are you trying to say here?
@JolietJake His food first then your coffee. Obey his whim!
Instant coffee and ramen noodles. You sound like a college kid!
I sound like someone supporting themselves on less than $7000 a year with no government handouts
@JolietJake that is incredible
@jolietjake I freshen up my hamster. Marty's food all the time Everytime he eats it, I fill up the bowl. My secret is I dump the bowl of food into his bag of food because he only eats small amounts at a time and likes it freshened. My mom always complained to me I spoiled him too much! Who me? No! Give Scar a pet for me he is such a sweetheart!
I've done that before, dumped it back in and then poured it back out...he hasn't caught on yet.
@JolietJake Neither has Marty. I feel bad, but as long as he has sunflower seeds along with his other seeds he is a happy camper!
@BarBaraPrz (16368)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I'm sure you've seen this on the net before:
If I let it get that low, I am in serious trouble from Him.
@tzwrites (3037)
My cats also wait for me to add new food to their bowl even if it's almost full before they'll eat
He stands there and stares at me...if I walk off he starts yelling "Hey...Dude...GET BACK HERE NOW!!!"