This is a real problem for me

@Trensue (5248)
I am so conflicted over this whole story I don't know where to begin and end. I am afraid that people will take advantage of a horrible situation and make a somewhat small problem a major reoccurring event. So when United Airlines asked the passenger to leave the airplane - as per the information printed in his information, he refused. Then staff from the airport came and removed him. I assume he must have struggled a lot to get those injuries. Now he gets a settlement. So the next time they offer someone money and future plane tickets, they may choose to resist, hoping for that big settlement. Can anyone else see a potential issue?
Fox News has learned that Dr. David Dao, the man who was forcibly dragged out of his seat and off a plane, has settled with United Airlines for an undisclosed amount.
@Mike197602 (13366)
• Worcester, England
No, as I've seen the video and he didn't resist in my opinion. He was asked to get off the flight because a computer apparently randomly selected him to make way for a flight crew. He didn't want to get off and things went from there. He has just settled with United Airlines and they have adjusted their procedures for asking people to leave a flight. I have watched a few times and I see no active resistance on his part...he was badly treated in my opinion. PS...there is a story over here about British Airways at the moment and they apparently badly treated someone and when another person protested they were both kicked off the flight which had to divert to a portugal military base to kick them off.
@Trensue (5248)
I don't think the video you saw tells the whole story. That much damage didn't happen in that short of time and on the video, I think there is much more that happened that you don't see. The video doesn't show him loosing teeth, getting a concussion and so forth. Dragged definitely. The shear fact that they had to drag him off means that he resisted. He could have chosen to walk off and fight a different battle.
@Mike197602 I fully agree, he did not resist and the US companies have become really aggressive with the overbooking. I have watched the video several times and I have not heard that he was offered a compensation or something to quit the plane. I know that all the companies do.
@Trensue (5248)
@LadyDuck That's my point - you don't see most of what happened and you hear the "oh my gawd over and over"
@JESSY3236 (5851)
Yeah I could see that happen. But I wouldn't resist.
@Trensue (5248)
I would get off and then find alternate solutions.
I have watched the video, it is not true that he resisted he was very calm, the United personnel very rude. They are lucky if they can simply pay and forget about this accident. One thing is sure, I will never fly United.
@Trensue (5248)
Okay, let me try this again. When someone has to drag you out because you won't walk, that is resistance. He lost two teeth, something had to happen that you don't see on the video, because you don't see that on the video. He got a concussion, you don't see that. I my opinion it was not an accident. I think that everyone involved made bad decisions.
@Trensue You should know that what United did is NOT legal. Read this if you want to know more, what they did is insane.
Here's why United's current fiasco may not have anything to do with involuntary denied boarding, and why their actions may not have been legal.
@Trensue (5248)
@LadyDuck I can read it right on my ticket. It is clearly written that you can be required to relinquish your seat. That seems pretty clear.
@KrauseHome (34724)
Personally, I seen no resistance. Only someone who was randomly chosen to leave the plane and not given a chance to stay on. Personally to allow another Flight crew on at last minute like this and make someone get off is not good judgement on my part, and I now am glad I do not have miles with them.
@Trensue (5248)
It is not a random choice. There is a process where the computer goes through an algorithm.
@Trensue (5248)
Not getting up and walking out by yourself is resistance.
There was another incident talked about on the news today, this man had got up and used the bathroom when the stewardist had told all passengers to remain seated for take off, he had told them he had to pee but they said he must remain seated he could not hold it so he went, he was kicked off plane and only refunded half of the ticket price.
@Trensue (5248)
These things happen often. Now they are public.