Say What?

Redlands, California
I am not sure if I am buying this one. If it is true, that is because they went from talking about using drugs to how much money they have or pretend to have. According to Addictions.com Rap references drug use less often than all other genres of music. Of course, does not look like they tested all genres of music. What is really surprising is they claim country music mentions drug use more than any other genre. I never really cared as long as they as they used it in good context or the right context. Sure, some mindless songs that are meant to have a good time once in a blue moon is cool, but damn near every song is where I start to have a problem. Unless, used with some real substance. Pun intended Most rap songs these days say absolutely nothing. They have no meaning, they tell no story. They are not poetic, just fake materialistic crap about drugs, treating women as trophies and what I see most often.... Talking about money and pretend they have it coming out their ears. Country may or may not be at the top, but most tell a story. Other types of music do the same or at least stand for something. Not just mindless repetitive crap that kills brain cells to where you do not even need drugs.
Music and recreational substance abuse share a historic bond going back generations before the first fan was able to purchase a recording.
Wow now that is interesting a site that analyzes that subject. Well I never. And they say country music is the worst. I am sorry I also think that is dubious facts they have presented. Rap has got to be king of that arena for sure.
@crossbones27 Yes standing for something does count for something.
• Austin, Texas
I don't buy the idea that everything is an "addiction".
• Redlands, California
Agreed, some people really do things for recreational purposes and know how to moderate themselves. I know a person who drinks vodka every night, but only 2 glasses. Very rarely drinks more than that.
• Austin, Texas
@crossbones27 - When people "mislabel" habits and behaviors, it's as bad as a doctor giving a "misdiagnosis" and treating you for something that's making you sick..
• Redlands, California
Give me Public Enemy or N.W.A. anytime.
• Redlands, California
Indeed, back when they remembered what it was about.
The thing I always hated about rap is how they call women's @#$% and, hoes acting like they are possessions, also acting like pimps are cool, to me their are few things more detestable than a pimp, but I did enjoy Mr. Perfects country song called rap is crap lol.
• Redlands, California
Yeah, it is pretty hard to listen to some of that stuff, and other than maybe people like the beat. Not sure how so many can get into those type of songs. That is a funny country song also. I even know a rapper more on the punk side of things, but he even says rap these days suck.
@JediYoda (1725)
• Samoa
It looks like another trash/rubbish music is added to the lists.