What is one way you spend too much money that you think you should cut down on?

I don't really spend much money. The one area I think about cutting out is the Internet. It costs me $40 a month. I could use my computer at the office center where I live, but if I want to get on the computer at 1 AM in the morning, I don't want to go to the office center at that time. I don't even have a credit card. Thus, I really don't spend money I don't have to spend. Yet, I still think of saving that $40 a month. How about you?
@scheng1 (24801)
I spend too much on overseas vacation. I travel twice a year, and though I can comfortably afford it, that is not really a necessity. If the stock market crashes today, I will be very happy. I will use all my money to buy stocks, and probably cut down on travel until the investments yield a very good profit.
I love to travel. I don't spend a much money on it.
@AkoPinay (11810)
I couldn't think of any.
That means you are doing very well. You can give the rest of us lots of advice.
@AkoPinay (11810)
@MsBooklover I only spend mostly on foods and I can't cut it hahaha I use prepaid debit cards, prepaid mobile internet -- and just top-up when needed. I am not a picky eater. I don't go to parlor, I cut hair myself. I can sew shorts, curtains and pillows. I do not travel (I live by the beach and loving it). I don't wear make ups. I am a classic woman and a homebody person. I can live even without money I can plant potatoes and veggies so I wont get hungry. I spent more and wasted a lot of money instead of saving when I was working OFFLINE in the city. Now, I earn less ONLINE but almost zero expense in the province -- I don't need to rent apartment, pay bill water bills (I can drink water from a deep well), buy shoes, bags, expensive clothes, etc.
@AkoPinay That is wonderful. More people should adopt your lifestyle if they can. Where do you work online?
@1hopefulman (28383)
I'm pretty good with my money. I only spent on things that I need or want. I have no car as I can live without it and I'm not throwing money away. It was a big expense. I spent $50 on bus transportation and walk whenever I can and get free exercise. I took retirement at the age of 60 and never regretted that decision. I prefer to do voluntary work.
I don't drive, but there is no bus where I live. Thus, it is a challenge. I love to do volunteer work for homeless children.
@1hopefulman (28383)
@MsBooklover Do you have a car to get around? Where do you meet the homeless children? Do you meet them on the streets and try to help them?
@1hopefulman (28383)
@MsBooklover Nice that you love children. Sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my mom about 10 years ago, she lived to 91 and I lost my dad about 2 years ago, he made it to 100.
@responsiveme (16052)
I am not a big Spencer either nut I have two internet connection s and I'm thinking of giving up one
Why do you have two Internet connections?
@MsBooklover one for the house which was already there and one on my smartphone taken recently
@responsiveme I did not know you needed a separate one for a smartphone.
Going out to eat. I also feel like I waste a lot of the food I buy or end up giving it away. I would buy things and end up giving most of it to my roommate. Then I would buy fast food when I don't need it at all which is mostly just Subway and Chick-fil-a.
I know people who fall into that category. You must have a great job.
@MsBooklover I actually don't have a steady job because I'm in college. I'm just good at saving up and not spending my money on other stuff. Plus I know how to eat out for less than $10
@CaseyRoss9966 That is very good. You have talent!
@CRK109 (14465)
Verizon Fios. I have a bundle with them for TV/internet/phone and while I got a pretty good deal, it's still too much. I'm in the middle of a contract with them and once my contract ends, I need to find another way. I'd hate to lose use of the TV since it's a 42", but I will shop around and see if there's a better way. In my apartment building, I do have limitations. But I'll be asking around with some of the other residents here and see what they all do!
When you first give up the TV, it seems hard. I have this flat disk you put on your window and you can get some channels without any cable. Depending on where you live, you may be able to get three channels or a lot more. I think the disks are about 25 dollars. I don't do contracts because I never know what tomorrow brings. Here is a link:
Remember TV antennas? Well, they still exist. A digital TV antenna allows you to watch local TV stations for free, all without paying a dime to a cable provider.
@CRK109 (14465)
@MsBooklover thanks! I will definitely check this out! I appreciate the help!
@CRK109 I hope it works.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I tend to it out a lot and this spend a large amount of money of food. If I try to count all the money i used on foods i will be disappointed. This could have been some great savings
I don't eat out much, but it's not that I don't like to. It's just too expensive to do so.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
@MsBooklover very expensive indeed. I tend to buy so much food from outside because I work on shift. And at times I dont have much time to prepare my dinner. So i buy it from Outside then
@Nawsheen My boyfriend has that situation. I understand because I was there, too.
@vin12345 (578)
• Kerala, India
For me it would be the petrol, I spend much on it.
What is petrol?
@vin12345 (578)
• Kerala, India
@MsBooklover Its Gasoline
@vin12345 I think a lot of people spend extra money on that. It's either that or walk.
I spend too much on my craft items. I have more than a dozen planners and each costs $50 to $150 and that doesn't include all the accessories I buy to decorate them which are also pricey. It's my addiction and I like being creative. This year, I told myself I need to cut down on spending too much on that and yeah I did by only 20%.
Wow! Planners cost that much money? You should post pictures of these. They must be very attractive.
@MsBooklover They're not attractive. They're just made of expensive leathers.
Fast food / eating out. But weve already cut down alot. So we're good for now
I think a lot of people can say that.
@JediYoda (1725)
• Samoa
I must cut down on the family's food budget. Lots of unnecessary stuff I noticed that I'm buing lately. I need to buy only what's needed.
Good idea. You will probably be eating healthier.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I wish I could cut down my cellphone bill. It's almost $350 for 5 lines. My oldest son pays his portion for his phone, but that's still almost $300 we pay. My husband refuses to go with a cheaper carrier because their service is bad.. so we're stuck with it for now.
I know people who have service with several lines and they give you the lines for one price. They are happy with their service. What a shame you have to pay all of that money.
I am not a big spender. Saving is also my only option at the moment. If I was more financially stable I guess I would spend on travels mostly.
I love to travel, and I enjoy finding new ways to do it cheaply.
I spend to much money on fast food
You are not alone. With life getting faster each and every day, it seems to be the option of many.
@april_ang (576)
I wanna cut down my biscuit budget,, i love snacking biscuits.. internet budget is very tricky.. its more like needs and addiction to it.. good luck..
Those biscuits must be very tasty.
@ShifaLk (7483)
I think you are right You can get a less data plan