I've Got Mail!

Finally! After twelve days of absolutely nothing, I finally got some happy mail today! I was worried as it was quite a long time for forwarded mail to catch up and I called a couple of days ago to inquire about it. So, although they said they did not forward ads, I got one ad forwarded to me; I also received a replacement card for Landry's Select Club (for my free birthday dinner in May) something from my Health Insurance, a letter and a POST CARD! The post card is from my sister who is traveling in Europe this spring. This one is from Dublin. She is now in Italy where her daughter lives. On the table next to my chair is the familiar pile of opened mail ready to be sorted and the trash part tossed out. I'm really home!
@Gillygirl (16096)
• Sutton, England
I like getting happy mail especially postcards. Mail does mean home even if it's bills or rubbish.
I wonder why that is, but it's true!
@Gillygirl (16096)
• Sutton, England
@Jeanniemaries I wonder if it is to do with ownership of the home.
So glad your mail arrived after all that time. Yes, mail delivered does mean home!
And so nice hearing from both my sisters.
We were away for a month recently and could hardly get in the door for all the mail put through our letterbox. About 95% of it was junk mail. I know your system is different from ours - do you have your mail held somewhere when you are away?
@Jeanniemaries Thanks for explaining.
How nice to get a postcard from Dublin. We'll be there in just over a month.
It's on my bucket list.
@Jeanniemaries I can't think of anyone who doesn't like Ireland.
glad you got some good mail today
It was a relief to see the forwarding worked fine.
@Jeanniemaries that's good
that is great there for you.
Yes, finally!!
That's why they call it snail mail! We moved a month ago today and went into change the address on our drivers licenses a few days later, and the replacement cards were just received here today. I'd like to say slow and steady, but in this case its more like snail mail!
Yes, perfect name for it!
It must be very nice receiving those post cards from different places in Europe.
Actually from all over the world, not just Europe. My sister happens to be traveling in Europe though right now. My other sister is out traveling for a couple of months, camping along the west coast.
That's a long time to not get any mail at all.
It was. I was beginning to feel like a displaced person!
@Jeanniemaries I love to get snail mail. Postcards, letters, even the catalogs. Don't buy from most of them, but they can be interesting to look through.
@Susan2015 I don't like catalogs coming. I don't like to shop, even from home.
That's nice you had received your mails. I haven't received any for a long time.
Mail is fun to get!
@Jeanniemaries I wish it can happen too. It is all electronic mails. I missed collecting letters or cards and handed by Mr. Postman.
If she is in Italy I am not surprised that the mail was slow to come, snail has always been extremely slow in Italy. In which city does your niece live?
She lives in Porto Ercole GR Her husband owns a pizza shop down by the harbor. He makes the most amazing pizza. (he made it here for us in Florida once, but I hear from everyone it's better with the Italian ingredients.
@Jeanniemaries Tuscany is a wonderful region, we used to go vacationing in Castiglione della Pescaia, is near Porto Ercole. Tuscany is definitely my favorite Italian region, even if I was born in Milano.
@PatZAnthony (11946)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, once you start getting junk mail, you are home @Jeanniemaries
Haha! That's funny! True!
@spiderdust (2724)
• San Jose, California
Happy mail is so much fun! I'm afraid I don't receive much mail lately besides bills and junk mail, although I get the occasional magazine or two.
Lovely that you got happy mail and that you are home.
Yes, it made it feel like home.