Free Dinner

@Fishmomma (11395)
Several times a week I receive offers for free dinners and wanted to know how many people on Mylot would go to the free dinner. The dinner is free for two people and food can vary depending on which location you select and this particular offer is good at Marie Calender's or Mimi's Cafe. You have to sit through a seminar and have 5 different date choice that are different at each restaurant and the seminars are in different cities, so can decide how far you want to drive. I am not going, as hate pushy people and they don't like to hear no. The food won't be free, if I have to sit for hours listening to somebody tell me why I need to spend money for whatever they are selling now. I wanted to know how many other people receive these letters every week?
We only ever went to one of these - about time-sharing. We didn't buy either. I doubt we'd bother now, free dinner or not.
@Fishmomma (11395)
I do get time sharing offers; however, they can't even tempt me with dinner, so they rarely try that offer. I did get an offer for four Disneyland Tickets and my husband was surprised when I turned it down. Tickets are almost $100 now, so yes it would have been a nice day to get away; however, the traffic was the reason I turned it down.
@Fishmomma That seems a very generous incentive. I should imagine they would get a lot of takers with an offer like that.
@Fishmomma (11395)
@JudyEv I think many went to that one. Some of the places make the offers thinking I'll buy because of the high perk and that isn't the case.
I don't do them. I get those in the mail.
@Fishmomma (11395)
Over the years I have received a lot of them. Its sure a lot of postage for these companies.
@Fishmomma they want to lure some people in to these events!
I don't and I'm glad I don't as i wouldnt go either so no point in recieving.
@Fishmomma oooh. Yeah that makes sense.
@sol_cee (11295)
• Japan
Food is kinda an effective way to attract people to go to seminars. Some might be lured.
@Fishmomma (11395)
Many years ago I had to be at a seminar for work and we received a good meal. In my case, I didn't receive the high pressure sales pitch, as my boss received the pitch and I enjoyed the free meal.
@sol_cee (11295)
• Japan
@Fishmomma Lucky you. lol
I wouldn't go either. I don't like to feel pressured and I can't tolerate pushy people.
@Fishmomma (11395)
I have done a few over the years for work; however, I'm fine with a night that means take notes and have good food. I just don't enjoy them when I'm not getting paid.
I did one of those a few years ago. Wasn't too bad. You listened to the sales pitch (it was a medical thing) then a decent meal. You have to sort of be vague and act like you were interested and pondering when they come around to you.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
I have food stamps so I get a lot of free dinners in my apartment.