I'm Blushing Red Now!

Good Saturday afternoon everyone! I haven't been on the site really today, we had a yard sale and that kept me occupied. It didn't rain, which of course is always a huge concern with these outdoor sales, it was overcast and cool. And at times there was a wind. But for the most part I tried to find a spot out of the wind. I don't think that I succeeded. We had quite a number of neighbours come along and introduce themselves and welcome us to Old South. It was very nice, and something unique to this area. We had one couple ask us if we had just returned from a holiday south as it looked like we were both tanned. My husband browns up pretty quickly each spring/summer, but I take a while. And then when I came into the house, the itch and tingling on my cheeks and nose caused me to look in the mirror. Boy, am I ever blushing red now-I think its a bit of wind burn. So......does anyone have any tired and true healing methods for this? I look I feel asleep face down in a frying pan!
Noxema. Works every time. Will take the red out without peeling.
I wondered about noxema. I wash my face with it every night-thanks!
@Juliaacv You're welcome.
Ouch I'm sorry! I don't know of anything that will help it but I hope you feel better soon. And I hope the yard sale went well for you! =)
The sale went really well. And the neighbourhood that we're in is so great. I cannot begin to tell you how many people just wandered over to introduce themselves and chat. We were really welcomed to Old South, and we now have plans for Canada Day, a neighbour moving in just before that stopped by and invited us to the July 1st Canada Day party that he's hosting.
@Juliaacv Well that is so great! It's always nice to feel welcomed by new neighbors. =)
Did you sale much at your yard sale?
Yes, we made quite a bit of money and more importantly met some really great neighbours from the area and saw some people really get excited over their purchases. Its nice to know that your stuff will go on and help someone else out.
@Juliaacv that is great, a yard sale is a very good idea to introduce yourself to neighbors
@chrissbergstrom There is a real sense of community here in Old South London.
Aloe ?
@Juliaacv oh no. Hope you get it to stop
@Courtlynn Valerie suggested I try some noxema, and I wash my face daily with it. I just used it so it can start to cool off the burning any time now.
@alberello75 (18651)
• Genova, Italy
From over 20 years, I have seborrheic dermatitis. So I have to use cortisone cream no more than three times a week. Often red skin. At the moment, no cure still exists for this problem
I'm sorry to hear that, I have some of that cream here too, but I don't think that it will soothe my burn.
@alberello75 (18651)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Indeed, cortisone should not be used frequently
@megatron777 (3777)
• Guam
Sorry I have no idea at all but could you rub some cream or lotion on it? But I hope you get well soon.
Thanks, I'm hoping to put something on it to soothe the burning sensation and look.
• Guam
@Juliaacv Ok that sounds better.
Sounds like a pretty good day. I think my Dad is trying to have a sale of some kind.
Yes it was, we managed to sell some things that took up a lot of space and we no longer have a need for. My husband sold his wheel barrow, its a heavy construction grade one, but it took up a lot of room in the shed that we can use for something else now. I hope that your father's sale goes as well.
Wind burn is never a fun thing to have. At least once a year I get that. I just put some Yves Rocher cream over it to calm it. Or the Suave is good too.
I've got some Yves hand lotion, I wonder if that will work-thanks for the suggestion!
@CRK109 (14413)
Sunscreen is a must if you're going to be out, even if and out of the sun. At this time of year, we can't always feel how strong the sun can be and it's good protection for our skin.
The sun didn't come out at all yesterday. I asked my husband how I am supposed to protect myself from wind burn and he said that wearing a scarf is about the only way. I got a bad wind burn years ago while out on the water boating, and ever since then it doesn't take much for me to get it again.
@CRK109 (14413)
@Juliaacv wow! I've never heard of wind burn. I'm so sorry I misunderstood! Now I've learned something new! I hope your burn is going away!
@CRK109 You probably have and didn't realize that was what they meant. You even see it in movies. Those that sky or go snow shoeing will get it.
@KristenH (24921)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sorry to hear about windburn and no luck with the garage sale. I had it once on my face. I have no idea on how to heal it. Maybe look online.
We did really well with the yard sale, I just didn't succeed in saving myself from wind burn as I'm suffering now. We sold a lot of stuff, we still have some things, but another couple who live down the street stopped by and introduced themselves and told us that on the day before Mothers Day they are having a sale and we should consider holding another one that day-they are hoping to have a few places on the street set up sales to generate a bigger crowd. We have a few things left so we may do it.
@KristenH (24921)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Juliaacv Oh I see. That's a good idea. Hope you feel better.
@KristenH Thanks, I just washed my face with some noxema, so hoping for some relief.
Solarcaine is a great remedy it contains aloe, I always had a bottle of solarcaine gell with me. any aloe based gel or spray should work.
I wash my face with noxema, and after washing it yesterday I applied a light covering of it and that really reduced the heat associated from the burn, which made me feel a lot more comfortable. Its still pretty "pink" this morning, but I think with time it will subside.
@Juliaacv Solarcaine reduced the "pink". I get pink immediately if I stay in the sun. My husband tans easily, I never tan.
@LadyDuck There was no sun yesterday, this is purely from the wind. And it was quite sore and red.
Your yard sale was more of meeting your new neighbours which is a good thing. May be you should go out after applying some sunscreen cream
Yes, meeting everyone was an unexpected pleasure. Sunscreen will not help against wind burn, really besides covering up, I don't know of anything that will protect the skin from the wind.
@Juliaacv Aloe has been suggested here. You can try that.
@allknowing I actually had some good results with noxema, but thanks.
Aloe - I don't speak from experience as I don't burn. I am Cajun decent and have olive skin. I turn tan as soon as the air warms up. Wind burned skin should clear up quickly.
Yes, you are right, it is much better today. I actually put noxema on, and that helped to cool it last evening. And then when I woke up today it didn't bother me at all and its faded quite a bit.
@Juliaacv Win burn is not as bad and dangerous as sun burn. Glad it's better.
@sueznewz2 (10141)
• Alicante, Spain
i'm afraid I don't... I just put a moisturiser on it... but I see you have some good suggestions already
Thanks Susan, I did get some great advise from this discussion. The colour has toned down quite a bit, although I still look like I'm blushing!
I hope the redness has gone by now
Yes, it is faded, but I still look like I'm blushing. When I walk past a mirror I do a double take because its not my usual colouring! But the burning sensation has stopped.
I wish that I could give you some advicei hope that you heal soon.
Thank you Marie. I only felt it on the day that I got it really, I used noxema on it and that cooled it off and it wasn't too awfully red yesterday, although I do have a nice pink glow to my face now!
@tzwrites (4954)
Oh, windburns...I forgot that even exists!
I got one a long time ago while out on a boat and ever since then I seem to get them when nobody else does.
@dodo19 (33590)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I generally go for aloe. Just a suggestion. I hope that it doesn't last too long. Sunburns can hurt.
It is actually a wind burn, and its subsiding greatly today, I don't know if its because they are so short lived or because of the noxema that I put on it last evening.
@Morleyhunt (20728)
Aloe cooles the burn, it moisturizer without grease and feels really good on a sunburn or windburn. I need to buy some sun screen.
I found that some noxema helped with the burning feeling. I'm still pretty red this morning.
I see you've had some suggestions. I don't really have any but hope something works for you.
Thanks Judy.