AFRAID TO POST?

image by pixabay
At Mylot we can post on any topic which is within the site's guidelines. However, there are some discussions-- safely within the guidelines - which may raise the ire of some members resulting in comments that are sometimes disparaging and rude. We are aware of the discussions which may do this, but with some others we are taken completely by surprise. I don't suppose any member would purposefully post a discussion which may end up causing him or her grief. After all - isn't it all about having fun while sharing - learning and earning?. Of course, there will be disagreements, but why not agree to disagree - nicely. Have you ever posted a discussion - then wished you hadn't? or did you ever have second thoughts about posting a discussion for fear that it may attract negative comments?
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
I haven't regretted posting any of my discussions but I have seen some and thought they were below the belt. I just move on.
I can't say I have regretted any either.
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 I suppose there were some really lame discussions which I posted last year when I was ill. I should delete those.
@Gillygirl I don't mind losing the earlier posts I did on Bubblews when the site went down. It was my first attempt at writing online, so I am thinking the first ten or twenty posts might have been nothing much to shout about.
I definitely have. I am not a person who likes confrontation and avoid it as much as possible. I would not like it if somebody was rude or if I felt attacked for something I posted. It happened on only one of my discussions so far and it really bothered me.
I know exactly what you mean. It has happened to me on a few occasions - The worst was shortly after I joined the site.
@Kandae1that would be bad. It makes for a bad impression of the site.
Occasionally you see a post which seems to purposefully set out to alienate people. I've sometimes chosen titles which have been taken in a way that I hadn't intended so the discussions go off on a tangent I hadn't bargained on.
Certainly not what you bargained for.
@Kandae11 By the time you get a few comments the damage has been done and you can't really change the title at that point.
Nope, I stay away from religion and politics. I try to get along with people and If I cant I do not talk to them. I like a peaceful life, I am no drama queen.
I suppose that is the way most of us feel. - but sometimes trouble comes knocking at your door when you least expect it.
• Midland, Michigan
I've not read this one through yet and will be editing my response after doing so, but I thought I'd beat you to the punch and get to your page before you found my newest post, but I guess I waited a nano-second too long as you already paid that one a visit. Be right back. I'm sure this has happened before, but I can't remember at present any particular time. I've thought of posting a few but decided against it. As far as writing something and not getting the comments I've expected, I don't think that happens to me much.
That's good.So I beat you to the punch. By the way - there is an oldies song with that title which I like a lot.
Never had this problem yet.But never can tell.LOL
I hope it doesn't pass your way.
@1hopefulman (19508)
Yes, I have posted some discussions and realised that it was not the best idea and so I simply deleted them. I'm trying to be wiser and handle negative or different point of views in a more understanding way and more diplomatically.
Yes , we must use diplomacy. Luckily for me, I worked in that field for three years.
@1hopefulman (19508)
@Kandae11 Great! Do you have any suggestions to share?
@1hopefulman To smooth the waters you can let the person know that you do appreciate the point they are making, but yours is a different view, then thank them nicely for contributing to the discussion.
@mythociate (13822)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Probably---in a way (as 'my beliefs' tell me not to regret anything ) But 'the regret' "manifests" mostly as a reaction to 'people making false assumptions'---that I'm 'evil' because I post thoughts that side with atheists, etc.
It can manifest when you think it over.
@mythociate (13822)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@Kandae11 Yeah, that happens (inspiring 'far too many' of my posts here ) when I remember kind-of playing into an 'image of me that I don't want people to have' in the interest of being "peaceable" rather than striking up a conflict; then I think about it and (not thinking much about 'the moment's situation') regret responding "gently" rather than "angrily." For instance (a minor incident, that my mind foolishly dwelt on for too long): I was on a road-trip with some friends & we stopped about 50 yards from this teepee (Native-American tent) on the side of the highway. I forget why we stopped there; but some of the friends ran over to the teepee to get their picture taken together, and I wanted to join them. But I can't run; and they didn't hear me yell for them to wait for me as I started walking over. When I was halfway across the distance to the teepee, they took the picture & dispersed! And I Should've erupted in a verbal barrage of rage! (rage at my disability, at their total indifference) ... But the part I regret most: I 'played into' their indifference! sarcastically (though they couldn't hear 'the sarcasm') telling them--when they asked me if they should've waited--"Nooo ... it's fiiiiiiiiiiine ... I just 'struggled to cross half the distance between the car and the teepee' for absolutely no reason!"
From Wikiquote Jump to: navigation, search Apathy (also called perfunctoriness) is most commonly defined as a lack of feeling, emotion, interest, or concern. It is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivat
@mythociate That was insensitive, thoughtless, they should have waited for you.
My posts do kick dust sometimes. Here is one *I had pasted something different earlier - by oversight.
I just read a post, shocked about being blocked. It is routine here. Just ignore and move on rather than creating a post about it. Or just contact another...
I once wrote a post about being blocked - nothing wrong with that. We are free to write about anything that affects us - within the guidelines. There are so many posts appearing every minute in the recent posts section - if we see something we don't want to read - we don't have to - just move on to the next one.
@Kandae11 Someone has appealed that no one should talk about earnings but there no one has said excepting me, that guidelines allow it. Depends I suppose who they respond to but not what they respond to. I do not have many supporters here but that does not bother me.
@else34 (13666)
• New Delhi, India
@Kandae11 No,I have never started any such discussion.But yes,about one year back I had responded to a political discussion and a lady commented back to my response.I then commented back on her comment and she commented back to me.We were disagree with each other.I tried to justify my views by citing proof. Things came to a head when she,unable to counter me,turned rude.I had to retaliate in the same language and with that I stopped commenting back.
Instead of becoming rude, she should realize that it is impossible for everyone to agree on everything. Just accept that and move on.
@else34 (13666)
• New Delhi, India
@Kandae11 Some people are too recalcitrant to accept anything they don't want to.If we can't agree,we can at least agree to disagree.
I think we can learn from posts that had been deleted. I don't mind if being deleted. I would think why and there is no denial if ever there are some violations done.
Yes, it is good to be upfront.
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
I usually try to think very well before posting anything. I try to make sure that this is the right subjects. Of course there are discussions where people might disagree with you but this opens the room for further conversations
Conversations are great , providing they don't turn rude.
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
@Kandae11 oh yes. Something that I don't quite like us that sometimes people don't respect your opinions. They only value theirs and argue because of that
@responsiveme (14362)
Not really....In fact my first one was a weather one which I thought would be safe noncontroversial
Can't get safer than that.
@Freelanzer (6400)
I am not sure why but I avoid posting articles that will generated heated discussion. Of course I a not the type to flinch from rowdy arguments but after reading some comments, I an hesitant. But maybe I should try to stir things up a bit.
That is just the point, why can't we have a nice robust discussion and sharing of ideas without getting boisterous and rude.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
My discussions get deleted all the time but I am not afraid to post.
Have you sorted out why they get deleted?
No not really and, I just block rude people.
Less trouble for everyone.
Sometimes I regret things like I shared to much but that's it
Yes, we could worry about that too.
@sjvg1976 (13768)
No I never thought like this as I don't start discussions much here
@Athinker (1510)
No haven't yet . actually first I think it will good and then I post it
Great.