Bread is my favorite food but it is the one thing that makes me gain weight.

https://pixabay.com/en/bread-french-food-baked-sliced-1245948/
Dallas, Texas
I can't make the title any shorter. The sentence says it exactly how I feel. I love bread. I have a tendency to eat bread more than any other food source. But reading about what gluten does to the fat around the stomach area and stays there forever, I tend to notice rather fast that by not having my favorite food on planet earth, I can quickly lose a few pounds. The reason I love bread so much? I have no clue. Maybe its because both my dad and my mom liked sandwiches and hot biscuits. Maybe its because bread is the least expensive food on the market. I can say that for me, I like bread more than pasta and the only thing that runs in second place of bread for me would have to be the flour tortilla. I am not Hispanic but have an ancestor who may well be 100 percent Spanish. He looks like a Mexican and I am wondering if I inherited a natural desire to eat Mexican food but of all the food that is Spanish or Mexican, it's the lightly toasted flour tortilla that I love the most and as for breads, I favor good old fashion home made, I do mean from SCRATCH, buttermilk biscuits.
I love bread.I do not eat a lot of it but do loved it.
• Dallas, Texas
Hot bread, freshly baked, with garlic and butter spread on it is about as good as it can get in my humble opinion.
@lookatdesktop yes and a fresh made Italian bread it great.My Ma was excellent on this.
• Dallas, Texas
@amadeo Just up my alley. My wife is most fond of anything Italian, and pizza crust has to be just perfect for her to make an excellent pizza from SCRATCH at home. Yum.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I eat about 4 slices at the very most a day and it is flax bread that I buy at the Natural Grocer. I used to make my own bread from scratch but if I do that, I will eat the whole loaf in a day, it is so tasty.
• Dallas, Texas
You have good taste.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@lookatdesktop Yes thanks you do too friend haha
• Dallas, Texas
I have always loved bread too. My favorite is the sweet and sour rye bread. Put on leftover turkey with Hellmans' mayo and I am in paradise!
• Dallas, Texas
Sounds good. , I enjoy a rye bread that is sold at Walmart and is about the most economical on the market, Brooklyn Rye:
Cobblestone Bread Company is a new bread brand that is all about making great sandwiches on great bread.
@lookatdesktop We don't have that brand here.
• Dallas, Texas
@marlina Hmm. Well yea. I forgot you are from Canada. What company sells rye bread in your neck of the woods?
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm a bread fan too @lookatdesktop . Since my grandma was from Czechoslovakia; everything was made from scratch. Especially desserts like Strudel and Kolaches.
• Dallas, Texas
That is some good eating.
@nanette64 (13126)
• Fairfield, Texas
@lookatdesktop Yum. Now I'm hungry.
My paternal granddad was a farmer and had a huge property. And I remember my grandma making bread in the outdoor big oven. Wow! That was delicious!
• Dallas, Texas
Yea. Farmers are more down to earth people. They know what is GOOD for us.
@lookatdesktop Farmers sure are our best "buddies" without them, we would not survive very long!
It is my favorite as well, but mine is always wholewheat.
• Dallas, Texas
One time in the 70s. my old friend from high school days loved getting fresh hot whole wheat bread by the loaf at a local bakery, not in existence today. Have you ever tried bread with sprouts? I hear it is often available at certain health food stores. I think most people who don't know about health food places should learn about them and start going cause the white bread sold in supermarkets is the worst choice on earth.
I prefer whole wheat bread over white, but I have to limit that too.
• Dallas, Texas
I love both, and of course know that multi-grain and whole grain are best for good health and also should be taken in moderation.
I think most of us like bread. if it is not bread, it is something like pizza. We grew up with it..it is cheap..and it fills you up and can be so delicious. I think bread is the downfall of many!
• Dallas, Texas
Yes it does turn into sugar and that does add weight but if we exercise more maybe that will do it for us.
@tzwrites (3412)
I like bread too...way too much! It's so easy to have a slice of bread or toast with something. No need to cook
• Dallas, Texas
You got that right. Pass the peanut butter ASAP.