The Last Flower

@ilocosboy (34311)
This hibiscus flower is called Kris Aquino. I don't know why it was name to a famous actress/host. Maybe because of her mother who used yellow in her political campaigns. Back ro topic. The had died down now. I dont know what happened but it withered and the dried. We have not saved a seedlings of this. We only saved this flower. The last bloom of the said plant. Its good i took the photo of it. I had the feeling because when i saw the plant it's not healthy. So, here it is now. The last of Kris Aquino in full yellow bloom flower.
@louievill (18387)
When it's withered and dry it might change it's name to Pnoy
@magallon (17876)
that is a very good comment...
@ilocosboy (34311)
Wahaha, I'm really laughing now. But in fairness, the flower is really beautiful just like Kris.
@ilocosboy (34311)
@minx267 (13707)
• Hartford, Connecticut
That is a shame. that is a very beautiful flower. My neighbors have these in Red White and Pink I have taken pictures of them before. I have never seen a yellow one. it is quite lovely.
@ilocosboy (34311)
my wife got some rare hibiscus, and its an expensive hobby because you need to pull dig in your pocket.
@minx267 (13707)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@ilocosboy I hope the other plants survive until next year.
@ilocosboy (34311)
@minx267 yeah, most of the plant survive the over heating environment
@SAM774 (3716)
the hibiscus flower is called Kris Aquino. really??? I was not aware of this .....nice ... Anyway, the picture is looking beautiful
@ilocosboy (34311)
Yap, she is one of the most famous actress in the Philippines.
@SAM774 (3716)
@ilocosboy nice to know that .... so you have a garden in your house?
@ilocosboy (34311)
@SAM774 yeah we have ornamental garden and so with vegetable garden, we love to plant things.
@magallon (17876)
I really love the color. But I don't like the idea of naming it to Kris Aquino just because it is yellow. It should be named after the original yellow , Cory Aquino... Sorry, just joking....
@ilocosboy (34311)
That's my idea too, but I think the propagator run out of ideas and just thought of Kris Aquino. Lots of hibiscus variety now named to some political and famous personalities in our country.
@magallon (17876)
@ilocosboy Hibiscus are beautiful flowers..
@ilocosboy (34311)
@magallon that's true, though the flower last for one day but the beauty last. Anyway, another bud will bloom tomorrow.
@responsiveme (14652)
That's an unusual cloud for a hibiscus
@ilocosboy (34311)
Yeah it always provide us the happiness to make our day complete and lovely.
@prashu228 (25820)
we have hibiscus plants on our terrace, but i never say yellow hibiscus. I have pink ,red and orangish colors. Next time i visit a nursery i will look for yellow hibiscus.
@ilocosboy (34311)
there are so many hibiscus varieties in our countries, we just love it so much that many propagators are making many varieties through cross pollination.
Very pretty flower there.
@ilocosboy (34311)
indeed it is