Got a Good Amount of Rain Yesterday

Kochi, India
After a long gap, we got a pretty decent amount of rain yesterday evening. It has given a huge respite from the scorching heat that prevailed in Kerala for the last couple of months. Yesterday was an off day due to May 1st (Labour Day) and I was able to enjoy the rain and its following cool climate sitting at home. There was thunder in the beginning, but later it gave way for the huge rain drops to burst on the ground. The sound of the rain falling on the roof and the ground are one of the most amazing experience one can have. Due to the rain, it was also easy to drive today as most of the dust vanished and there was also cool breeze on the way. Did it rain in your area? Curious to know..
@Nawsheen (22955)
• Mauritius
Since friday it has been raining very heavily over here. Today schools are closed due to flooding
• Kochi, India
oh..is it....is it a regular pattern or unusual rain and flood?
@Sreekala (23744)
Yes, I heard about the rain in Kerala yesterday from my relations. We too had slight rain on Sunday and got some relief of heat. But the mosquitos, almost vanished when the temperature rose up, again reappeared and created much nuisance.
• Kochi, India
Yes..the summers in Delhi is almost mosquito free and it returns once it rains..
@Sreekala (23744)
@geopiscean How are you then? Long time not seen. Hope you are doing good.
• , New York
It rained where I am at on Thursday night of last week, and great amount of thunder and lighting.
@vin12345 (576)
• Kerala, India
We got some rain here as well.