Plans should NOT BE revoked because the person is disliked . . .

I am sure many of you have heard that the former First Lady, Michelle Obama, who created an academic plan so that women all over the world could get a decent education has been axed. This is terrible news but the underlying reasons seem to imply that our current President ordered this because he possibly does not like anything the former First family did, whether good for the world or not. What do you think ?
@divalounger (2272)
Well I would agree that Trump wants to erase as much of the Obama administration as possible--but then I could go on and on about #45!
@Mike197602 (13422)
• Worcester, England
for an English person could you explain #45
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Mike197602 Trump is our 45th President. We've had so many now, we've started referring to them by their number. Makes it easier to keep them in order.
True to a degree BUT if a program actually helps, who cares which # Pres actually started it especially if axing it completely @divalounger reduces the funding for necessary and desired academic success no matter which gender
@PainsOnSlate (18660)
I think he's an idiot and Obama roasted him last year and his face on the video is priceless. I think it was the reason he ran for president and now he is erasing as much of Obama as he can..
President Obama mocks Donald Trump over birth certificate conspiracy, Celebrity Apprentice & his presidential ambitions!
@enlightenedpsych2 I am not sure a "time out" will help #45 gain empathy and compassion
@divalounger then what should Americans and anyone else concerned about keeping this program available and worthy do besides hope he can gain compassion sooner than later??
@enlightenedpsych2 He is acting like a bratty child, also like a crazy man, tells lies, doesn't believe in science, has no manors and is not intelligent enough to run the country anywhere but into trouble. He needs to be removed before he ruins the USA. only time will tell if that is going to happen.
I think that is wrong but my little small opinion won't matter.
That is so UNTRUE as your opinion is NOT SMALL and you are a woman probably having nieces or cousins or even siblings who MIGHT want to expand their academic horizons and if this program is axed, what then @sharon6345 ? If we raise heck over it, all of us, then it might be re-vamped rather than removed altogether, agreed ?
@enlightenedpsych2 your right I sure do and they are all still young.
@sharon6345 so with that said, your opinion is very important and I thank you for sharing it
@Mike197602 (13422)
• Worcester, England
My thoughts are if it isn't broken don't fix it. By that I mean if a policy from a previous administration is good don't mess with it.
Great answer @Mike197602 and thank you kindly for your input as well
He seems to be Trumping down everything - all these wonderful programs that are out there are going to be axed. These programs have been set for the good of the people . . . if he is knocking them down for personal reasons, he is just feeding his ego.
Well said @much2say and soon that ego will burst and then what ?
@enlightenedpsych2 Yep . . . honestly I hope this whole presidency goes bust and he gets thrown out. And it's more than the reason of just "disliking" him!
@much2say rather than throwing him out, why cannot those who voted for him demonstrate a little compassion for someone who was in business all of his life NOT politics . . .
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
I have little doubt that that is why is has been axed. Trump seems never to pass an opportunity to be petty
I don't feel academic allowance and expansion is a petty issue though; while him not liking the former president for the person he is, seems to be the loudest part of this action @Ronrybs don't you agree ?
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
@enlightenedpsych2 Indeed, it all seems to be tied up with Trump's high opinion of himself and the fact he knows that he doesn't measure up to previous presidents, of both parties
@Ronrybs what would help him most right now is to step off that self-created pedestal and come down to the people who count on him
Trump is a piece of garbage. That's what I think. I wonder what's become of her vegetable garden.
Well @NJChicaa I appreciate your opinion on the #45th President and I am not sure how her garden is faring . . . you do mean Michelle's garden right ?
@enlightenedpsych2 yes. I'm sure he has paved it over into a parking lot or something.
@NJChicaa I have no idea if he did or not, doesn't matter since he is not appearing to be the vegetable liking type . . .
@ShifaLk (7313)
That's a stupidity if it's only because of jealousy or hatred
Agreed and as vindictive as the axing would be, imagine how many women will suffer from it SHOULD it be removed altogether instead of just called something different @ShifaLk and thank you so much for commenting as your input is much appreciated -- Are you in school for anything ?
@ShifaLk (7313)
@enlightenedpsych2 Thanks dear. I'm not in school, I'm laboratory technologist
@ShifaLk ooh that sounds exciting, in which field of research ?
I think to keep what is truly good regardless of the president enacted it and if i is wrong honestly then only then should the president get rid of it. Very thought provoking question!
The education issues are close to my heart and I will stand for them no matter who created them, cause if it helps open the closed minds of anyone, that is worth fighting for and speaking on-- thanks for your opinion @Marty1
@enlightenedpsych2 yes education issues are very, very important and I see no harm in the education issue you discussed! It actually sounds great! I think Trump is trying to start the country on a different food and will seek to change everything. Not such good idea! These plans should be thoroughly investigated before being dropped!
@Marty1 seems to take too much work and use of resources to investigate a problem thoroughly so I don't see this being revamped for a better future concerning educational success with our future generations . . .
I have also heard that the healthy food plan for school has been stopped. This President is not helping Americans.
Well he believes he is helping and with the mind of that 70+ year old, who knows what else is wrong with his thinking @LadyDuck I do NOT appreciate his badgering of the opposite gender when it comes to academics and I want input, so thank you for yours
@enlightenedpsych2 My husband is 71 but thanks God he still has a good brain that he uses every time he has to do something and every time before opening his mouth.
@LadyDuck his awareness factor is still strong and that is a wonderful thing to cherish, you are blessed my dear
That is a very bad thing to do, to tell people not to attend a person's speaking engagement just because he doesn't like that person. Oh power play !
It is a very bad move and he'll learn the hard way -- thanks for stopping by @SIMPLYD
I had not heard that she created an academic plan and I did not hear that Trump axed it. As you can tell I do not follow politics at all!
It was a social educational issue which I do review and seek as it is close to my heart, was not really so much political so that is probably why it caught my eye-- thanks for visiting @shaggin
@Gabugs (1791)
It is indeed shameful @enlightenedpsych2 As a President of United Sates, his conduct should be to abide by the interests of all people, including women. Sad how he could ave been elected. He is all about boosting his own ego.
Well he was elected by people who simply believe the President should be responsible for everything exclusively and when he fails, they blame him only INSTEAD of the plethora of other people swaying the decisions made @Gabugs
@bunnybon7 (31582)
• Holiday, Florida
i don't know. we don't really know the truth about these things. presidents have been accused through time of being responsible for all sorts of things. its not just up to him what is passed or not. you know that
Of course many things are NOT actually decided or even voted by the President but you would think after all that campaigning that he would stand by academic excellence @bunnybon7
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I read an article about this and thought is was a foolish and vindictive thing to do. As I read further, though, it appeared the program would basically continue, only it wouldn't continue under the "brand" name that associated it with Michelle. If I understood the story, the money will still be available, only the name is being axed. Which is still a foolish and vindictive thing for the Trump Administration to do.
Oh well then that is good to hear on it NOT BEING axed but just removing the original creators name and yes it just shows how petty his tolerance for change that is positive is @DWDavis and thank you kindly for your input
@boiboing (12527)
• Northampton, England
Sorry but I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean - as you've written - that Michelle Obama was axed, or that the programme she created has been stopped?
The latter, a program she personally created but obviously only branded it hers, apparently as I read comments through this post it has been re-vamped without anything but the branding changed @boiboing
Well you know as I read it later after having written it, it sure does sound like she, the person, not the program, was ditched ,,, thanks @boiboing but now it is too late to fix this grave error . . .
@boiboing (12527)
• Northampton, England
@enlightenedpsych2 we can edit posts but I don't generally bother. Probably nobody else noticed. I'll Bush up about it if you will.
@shivamani10 (9366)
• Hyderabad, India
Why should he? Was Michael Obama the President to draw education policy of American women? She can not draw plans on whatever she feel better in the name of gender equality.
She may not have been permitted to actually draw plans, but her suggestion would continue to assist WOMEN once denied any education at all, a chance and that is what the entire world population needs, a chance to improve themselves @shivamani10 thank you for your input and do you have any sisters, cousins or children who are women and would like to get an education ?
@Shiva49 (9013)
It would be so much better if we can pool our resources and talents for a better world than work at cross purposes. But it is still ego and greed that decide the outcome - we remain like a frog in a well unable to realize our true potential - siva