Are there cliques at Mylot?

Are there cliques at Mylot - image Pixaby
Are there cliques at Mylot? I don't do a lot of writing here as others but I do browse a lot and it appears as if there are cliques or "clubs" here at Mylot. I guess these "cliques are based on a follower, following base but I am not quite sure. I rarely hear from 90% of my followed/followers so I don't think that is it. I have noted that some groups here only seem to interact among themselves here and rarely ever stray outside the fraternity walls. Perhaps I am imagining things but I do get a sense of the old school days. Have you noticed cliques here at mylot?
@Shiva49 (9216)
I have been here for over a year and I find this site is very welcoming to an extent I was spending most of my time when I started here. As it happens other matters became secondary Now I take this for "granted" and visit whenever I can! There are no cliques here though one tends to look forward and support the few who gel with our thinking, style, topics and the quality of posts. I hope to be back to my active days soon - siva
• Lakewood, Colorado
Glad to see you back Siva..have known you were not around. Welcome back.
Nice to see you posting again @Shiva49
@Shiva49 (9216)
@TiarasOceanView Thanks Ocean Tiara, I miss many here but should be back soon - siva
• Lakewood, Colorado
No I haven't at all Freelanzer, it seems I bump into a lot of different people here at different times of the day. I know I am not in any clique that is for sure. Oh no, can't be boxed in like that haha
Same here, I am a free spirit
• Lakewood, Colorado
• , New York
@Freelanzer I am a free spirit too.
I don't think so either. I response to any discussion that is of interest to me. I do have people on here who I have become friends with that I reply to most of their discussions.
Same here.
I try to spread myself around
@CoralLevang (39856)
Be careful!
Like peanut butter on bread , sorry could not help myself.
@Tampa_girl7 Not too thinly I hope
@FourWalls (9525)
I don't think so, at least, not in the way I think of "clique." Using your high school analogy, I always thought of a "clique" as a group of people who didn't want anyone from the "outside," and made fun of people who tried to join. Sure, you have people who write about pets, people who write about food, or whatever. I tend to mostly write about music, because truthfully, it's all I know. But none of the people who frequent the music area tell people to leave because they aren't part of the "clique."
There are cliques everywhere in our society and no, they don't have to tell you to leave to be called a clique, They just operate within a circle and may not let anyone in.
@Shiva49 (9216)
Well said - siva
• , New York
@Freelanzer that is how it is where I live. The people act like the d,eVelopment is a social club.
Just like in real life, there are some people you like more than others. That doesn't mean that you close ranks and won't let anyone else in, but it's natural to read and respond to people who do the same for you. But cliques as such - no.
If they do exist, I agree it would be based on who you like more. For me, the only people I like more than others are my close family members; outside of that I like everyone the same - even a "jerk" but I may "avoid" him/her in order to keep my sanity.
@Shiva49 (9216)
Yes Jabo, like in real life the overall goodness prevails - siva
@Shiva49 Nice to have you re-join us Siva
I do have certain people i made sure to read there discussions, but i also respond to any interesting discussions that catch my eye to like this one for example, i can't recall seeing you're name pop up on my recent discussions befiore but it might have we don't always get to comment on everyones posts unfortunatley.
Same as you in terms of responding to discussions. I am not here often so I don't get to participate as much as I would like
@Freelanzer Well i look forward to reading more of you're posts
Clannish mentality was there rampant in the old myLot and because of that those outside of those cliques suffered no end. There is a decline in the revamped myLot although I cannot rule out its total absence.
Interesting! I wasn't part of the old mylot.
• , New York
Thanks for this information.
I've been here 11 years and never been part of one. If they exist, I don't pay attention to them. I've always responded to anything that interests me from anyone that posts it, and if it doesn't interest me, I don't respond, no matter who posted it.
As it should be
@megatron777 (3841)
• Guam
There is cliques at myLot---it is understandable it's PART OF ANY GROUP DYNAMICS. C'mmon fellow myLotters let us not fool ourselves. Clique by and in itself is not bad as long as it is not use for some ulterior motive or design to the damage and prejudice of the rest of myLotters. If the there is clique here, then it is "myLot within myLot". or the "old boy's club" (girls club?). We are not born yesterday.
Ah! the secret is out
• , New York
That is very true.
• Guam
@Freelanzer It is an OPEN SECRETmy friend..."SAME BIRD SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER" and the "OLD-BOYS CLUB NETWORK" is pretty much at work in myLot. I woudn't call it yet "MYLOT MAFIA".
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
I dont know if there are cliques but i do check some people's discussions on a daily basis. It is just because I always find the things they are discussing about interesting. But i also try to interact with new members and check the recent discussions
New members do need encouragement.
@Nawsheen (22862)
• Mauritius
@Freelanzer they need lots of it. Many gets discouraged and leave the site
@bluesa (11904)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Because I have limited time to be on here, I tend to get back to those who are there for me first, but then I go to any discussion that interests me @Freelanzer , there are those here that I don't get along with but I just do my own thing. I do note there are those who stick to each other, but I think it is because they are online at the same times and have the same interests, etc.
I can see that. I tend to do the same.
@bluesa (11904)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
No cliques. I tend to respond to those who leave comments on my discussions whether or not they are followers.
I try to do the same
@Freelanzer That's what we all have to do to make it work.
I've never thought about it but now I have, I don't think there are cliques here. I like to think I interact with a great number of people and there are only one or two that I might avoid or give careful answers to. I haven't noticed others sticking to a few people but as I said, I don't really take a lot of notice.
Yes you do interact broadly and others as well but not everyone does and I am guilty of that, but only because I don't spend as much time as I would like to here. If cliques exist it could be because they have similar interests or are friend. It is a reality of life.
Yes I do think so. But I try to step out of the box and make more friends, if you want to earn money that is what you have to do, but I do have my favorite people to chat with.
True, I am sure we all have our favorites but unless we have dozens of favorites it is necessary to step out and interact with others.
@CoralLevang (39856)
I don't think there are many on here, but like anywhere else, you get like-minded people that stay together. Does that mean they won't allow others in? I only thinking rare cases does that happen.
I agree.
• Eugene, Oregon
Due to limited time lately, I have barely been around. I am guilty of making sure that I read certain mylotters and should try to read more of others as time allows. It is not as if there is a club really, or any formal arrangement at all.
I guess we ll fall into a pattern of doing things - unintentionally.
I dont remember there being cliques before or now. But I suppose there are folks that consistently respond to certain folks discussions.
I don't think it is something people actually think about, but they do exist in the world around us so I suppose they could be found in schools, churches, and other groups if one is looks closely
@silvermist (15811)
No I do not think there are cliques.But there are some who respond and comment on certain people's discussions regularly.This may be because they are in the same timezones, share the same interests or simply like each other.
Some would call that cliques formed around similar interests and I don't think it is a bad word
Calling a group a clique may be an insult - it was in high school.
@AbbyGreenhill I beg to disagree. I am sure if we all examine our lives we will find that most of us have been is a clique o sorts during our lifetime. We may not want to admit it but it is life and it happens.
@EddieHands (32287)
I think there are. But I baby cat.. stand alone. Wise Wizard has always been an outcast. I still make the most money behind the scenes
Some of us know what it is to be on the outside looking in at times but it only makes one stronger and more resolute.
• , New York
@Freelanzer that seems to happen for me.
@EddieHands (32287)
@Freelanzer yes and I will be baby cat no matter what.. meow!