Aquaman movie starts production

Lake Charles, Louisiana
D C Cinematic Universe has started production of the "Aquaman" movie that will be released in theaters on December 21, 2018. James Wan will direct the movie that will star Jason Momoa as Aquaman who could be the counterpart of Marvel super hero the Sub Mariner or some of us older cartoon fans remember the cartoon series "Marine Boy." The movie will be filmed in Australia. Momoa was in the D C Cinematic Universe movies "Superman vs, Batman: Dawn Of Justice" and will have a small part in the "Justice League" movie. As for me, I will always admire the Aquaman character that was on the Super Friends cartoon series. Give me a kind and gentle super hero and not a Jim Mora wannabe screaming at the news media when he was coaching the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts.
• Lakewood, Colorado
OOooo that will be good. No doubt I will see it in the theater then George.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Go for it. I will wait for the DVD.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Deepizzaguy Yes son will drag me to the movies lol
I'm just looking forward to watching this movie because of Nicole Kidman.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Nicole Kidman is a great actress and the movie should be great for the younger cartoons than myself.
@Deepizzaguy Nicole Kidman is amazing!
I have often wondered when there would be a Aquaman movie happy to hear there is one coming up. I just saw the first previews for the new Wonder Woman movie it looks like it could be good.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The Wonder Woman movie does have a great cast with Gal Gadot was Wonder Woman battling the Germans in World War I which is different from the Lynda Carter version.
You know they should have started with different movies before going for the Justice League.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is true but it will be the updated versions of the D C characters which is different from the cartoon characters I grew up watching in the 1970s which was teamwork and friendship.
I remember Aquaman cartoons in the 60s. There was also Aquawoman and Aquaboy.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Aqualad was also on the Teen Titans cartoons in the 1960s and the comic books in that same era.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Who is Kidman playing? I am excited about this movie.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Nicole plays the role of Aquaman's wife.
• Trinidad And Tobago
I read of many of these cartoon characters when I was a kid. I am always fascinated to see it transformed into an action packed movie. However I admit I pay little attention to the production itself. I just enjoy the movie and then go home and think of the concepts.I must say you seem to be well informed on what's going on, aren't you?
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I try to stay updated on what is on cartoons today compared to my youth. It is what I am trying to do with Wordgirl fan fictions. Humor, teamwork and a team of super heroes.