Are They So Cute? Stray Pigs in the Loose!

If you travel to different barangays in the Tinglayan, Kalinga Philippines, you will see the wild black pigs on the main road, pathways in the mountains. They are like stray dogs on the street. Most of the local tribes let them loose and eat all the grasses in the area. They don’t need to buy sacks of feeds for the wild pigs. Most Filipinos love to eat wild pigs’ meat and the meat is tasty as compared to the white pigs on the farm. I took a lot of photos of this animal. I am a city boy and this is what makes me fascinated in the mountainous areas in the Cordillera. “Are they cute?” “Are they available in your place?” Image Credit: Shavkat
@ridingbet (43582)
'alingu', that is how we call the wild pigs. and the meat taste good especially if they are 'naburo'.
Do you have like this in Cagayan Valley? I was thinking to have some wild pigs in the backyard. So I won't cut the grasses.lol Image Credit: Shavkat
@ridingbet (43582)
@Shavkat hahaha! kabsat, i don't think those are wild pigs. they are domesticated pigs, because wild pigs i think have different appearance; their teeth are 'usli', and they are taller.
@ridingbet I agree. But the tribes considered them wild pigs.
They certainly are adorable! No wild pigs here.
I was thinking to have them as my pet. We don't have this in cities too. Image Credit: Shavkat
@Shavkat I hear pigs make good pets.
@DianneN I hope I can keep them. But I had a pet during my childhood years. The family butchered it and I don't eat my poor pet that time.
@Nawsheen (22913)
• Mauritius
The only animals you get to see over here are dogs and cats. It is rare to see something else
It is also the same in my city. This kind of animal can be seen in isolated mountains.
@Nawsheen (22913)
• Mauritius
@Shavkat yes thats true. It does so much good to be away from city life from time to time. Being in nature and enjoying every bit of it is so fun
@Nawsheen I agree. I always plan to travel once in a while to unwind and escape the busy life in the city.
@magallon (17703)
They look a liitle different from those pigs in pigfarms..
I agree. It is totally different. I wish I can cater these wild pigs in the farmland of my grandmother. Image Credit: Shavkat
@magallon (17703)
@Shavkat I have not seen wild pigs in our hometown. Are they really wild? I mean how they behave?
@magallon The wild pigs who had been staying in residentials are not agitated. Mostly the agitated ones are in the forest.
@averygirl72 (16677)
Wild pigs are really cute. I see some before
It was nice to see them in the wild. I hope you can visit the mountains in the cordillera. Image Credit: Shavkat
@averygirl72 (16677)
@Shavkat Some day I hope I can visit that place.
@averygirl72 You need to brace yourself if going here, my friend. Sometimes they have a random tribal war here.
Yes, they are cute, in Italy there are wild black pigs in some regions.
I agree. It is nice to see them in the mountains roaming around. Do they eat the wild pigs in your country? Image Credit: Shavkat
@Shavkat Yes, in Italy they make Ham and sausages with the meat of the wild pigs.
@LadyDuck That's a nice way of having them sausages and ham. I am sure it is tasty.
They are beautiful. There are some wild pigs in areas around here but we rarely see them.
These wild pigs can only be seen in the mountains in the Cordillera. We don't have like this in the city. Image Credit: Shavkat
@Shavkat Ours live in the bush and keep away from civilisation too.
@JudyEv Do the people eat them? I am sorry for being curious.lol
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
I only see white pigs. If black are they wild pigs?
I think they are because most of them live on the mountain. Image Credit: Shavkat
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat I see. Thanks.
@manasamanu (3759)
• Bangalore, India
They are cute, I have heard about them but has never sen those wild pigs.
The wild pigs are not commonly seen in the local provinces in the lowland areas. Most of this animal lives in the mountain areas. Image Credit: Shavkat
• Bangalore, India
@lady1993 (16323)
so cuute, i like pigs when they are small
I think we can have a pet like it.lol
@responsiveme (14225)
Yes, and you are right about them being tastier
I agree, Most of these pigs eat grasses in the mountain as compared to commercialized pigs.
@nanette64 (16656)
• Fairfield, Texas
Where's their Momma @Shavkat ? They look a little young to be on their own.
The mother is roaming around the mountain. But these piglets can live on their own now.
@xstitcher (10867)
• Petaluma, California
I have seen pigs similar to this, though I don't think they are wild here in the States.
It is nice that you can see them in your place. Is it nice to have them in the backyard?
@ilocosboy (34345)
piglets are always cute as all small and kid animals look like. In our province, we have the so called 'disciplined pigs' which are on the loose in the village, but when the owner calls, only the pigs owned by him/her will come.
The wild pigs do the same thing on the mountain. If it is time to eat, they know where house to go. Image Credit: Shavkat
Cute little piggies keep them away from the big bad wolf!
I agree. The wild pigs were so cute. I had so many photos that were kept for a long time. I took this photo in Barangay Belong, Tinglayan, Kalinga Philippines. Image Credit: Shavkat
Stray pigs on the loose is a common site in certain parts of the city. They are often seen where there is muck and dirt.
It is nice seeing them if they are in the city. It is seen only in isolated places in my country. Image Credit: Shavkat
@bluesa (13432)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Shavkat , they are very cute. And no there are no wild pigs in my area, I live in the suburbs.
Thank you for liking it. They cannot be seen in the rural areas of my country. Image Credit: Shavkat