Waiting for Pods to Fall

It's been a while since I've planted moringa plant and I was busy doing that last year. Unfortunately, ALL of that has died. Except for the that one I saved a few months back, the one that had the biggest root. But this time it only a fewer roots. Now, I've let this branch grow so big hoping it would grow some pods. But not for me to eat but plant and grow them again. Then harvest them with even need of plucking or dragging their branches down. I don't know how long I have to wait before they started turning brown and fall. But for sure I'll propagate a new batch so that I can have an easy harvest.
@responsiveme (14677)
The rainy season is the best time plant.whats moringa in english?
I think drumstick is the english of it but moringa is also the english word of it @responsiveme
@Letranknight2015 thats why I asked...it looked like drumsticks...they were part of my shopping yesterday ttoo. We call them 'sojona'
@responsiveme well, they are drumsticks, it's probably not so familiar much to me.
@Sreekala (22720)
This is a plant with much benefit with all parts. The leaves, flowers, drumsticks, etc. The roots and part of trees has its medicinal value. In our native place most of the houses keep this tree in the backyard.
Well, I never tried eating the flowers before @Sreekala only the bees done that lol
@Sreekala (22720)
@Letranknight2015 That flowers is good to make a dish adding coconut, chilly, turmeric and salt steam. It is very delicious and nutritious indeed.
@Sreekala Not sure if I like the taste of it though.
@prashu228 (25820)
we have this moringa tree beside our house now, i like the curry prepared with drumsticks and eggs , leaves are used to prepare curry , no idea about flowers.have a a look at the tree beside my house
Do you use the seeds to plant again? or just let it grow and harvest more leaves and pods? @prashu228
@Sreekala (22720)
@Letranknight2015 You can plant the branch as well, it will grow quickly.
I think they started out as flowers before they become pods @prashu228 and it's often that bees pays a visit to them.
@ridingbet (50181)
is this one of the branches of moringa that you planted last year?
Nope this is the one I didn't cut last year @ridingbet and I let it grow into this. The tree however had been there for decades.
@ridingbet (50181)
@Letranknight2015 i like the fruits of this 'malunggay'. my late mother cooked the fruits with simplicity, and it definitely tasted good. only thee young ones, not the hard pods.
@magallon (17937)
As far as I know, the stem could also be planted.
That was my first attempt long ago, didn't work in the long run @magallon
@magallon (17937)
@Letranknight2015 Oh i see.. maybe you have to select the old branch..
@averygirl72 (16655)
Moringa is malunggay plant? We have at least 3 trees and they are really tall now with lots of pods
I have only one tree and it has grown pods @averygirl72 I have already cut down a branch but it's not dried yet.
@shivamani10 (11233)
• Hyderabad, India
So you want to plant them again. This is a good idea.
@vin12345 (579)
• Kerala, India
They are drumsticks right?, They are much good for health and even the leaves @Letranknight2015
Yes, I forgot to put that to the tag thanks for the reminder @vin12345 and I agree they are very healthy.
I hope your plan works out for you. It sounds good to me.
I hope so thanks @jstory07
We don't have like this. I remembered you made extracted juice from it, right?
We used to get quite a lot of these pods which we call drumsticks. They have to be brought down when they are tender as matured ones do not taste good. Why do you want so many seeds. Are you planning on commercialising?